After God

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I ask for some proof of intelligent life somewhere else in the universe , and I got some answer about a obscure planet we haven't contacted yet . Also a statement about don't you know how big our universe is .

FYI ,
I nor anyone else knows how big the universe is , it's like God to big to measure!!!
It is your god. You just call it a different name.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I ask for some proof of intelligent life somewhere else in the universe , and I got some answer about a obscure planet we haven't contacted yet . Also a statement about don't you know how big our universe is .

FYI ,
I nor anyone else knows how big the universe is , it's like God to big to measure!!!
Yet you expect us to believe you that you know all about, speak for, know what it likes, know what it thinks, know how it feels...some invisible force that you have never met or spoken to.

Ok tiger..

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

FYI ,
We are honest enough to let more highly educated and way more well funded people tell you all about that. But you don't listen so it is pointless.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite said:

Ya know what Spot, you made me think about this a little more -
Not ground breaking or anything but -
You guys (Christians) that are more "regulars" here - you, Art, Israel have all proven to be "thinkers/questioners" and are more prone to inject your own thoughts into it while still "believing".
Seems like the strictly "regurgitate scripture" Christians cant deal with all the questions we have and either fall by the wayside or don't come around very often.
That’s fair enough. I see your point.

WaltL1

FYI ,
Don't stop thinking now, you are almost there......
That huge universe.
That we only know the tiniest fraction about.....
You are asking for proof that there is intelligent life out there somewhere...……………..
Kind of a stupid request when you think about it ain't it?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You use nothing of outside historical secukar sources because if you did, there would be nothing to see.
Of course I use it. I can study fossil dating but again there’s a point it hits a wall with no solid answer. Im ok with man being “formed” from the earth by an organism. At some point we needed lungs though. I’m open minded that science can get very close, they just can’t close the gap.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111004180106.htm

"Humans are just modified fish," said Professor Currie. "The genome of fish is not vastly different from our own. We have shown that the mechanism of pelvic muscle formation in bony fish is transitional between that in sharks and in our tetrapod ancestors."

j_seph

So if one thing evolved from another. If it began life as "A" then evolved to "Z" Why do we not have fossils of "B-Y" For instance, if Cats came from Dogs did the Dog give birth to the cat? If the cat evolved from the dog over time then there should be evidence of the different stages that it evolved. Why have a need for male and female? If it started with evolution then there was no need for opposite sexes to begin with.

ambush80

So if one thing evolved from another. If it began life as "A" then evolved to "Z" Why do we not have fossils of "B-Y" For instance, if Cats came from Dogs did the Dog give birth to the cat? If the cat evolved from the dog over time then there should be evidence of the different stages that it evolved. Why have a need for male and female? If it started with evolution then there was no need for opposite sexes to begin with.

I'm not saying this is true, but if you read the whole thing you will see that they give reasons for why they think it might be.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/scit...s-had-a-common-ancestor-and-here-it-is/story/

By the way, I Googled "Cats and dogs common ancestor". If you have a question about anything you can Google it. No need to have us do it for you.

Last edited:

ambush80

I googled "What happened to the dinosaurs after Noah's ark?" and this is the first thing that came up. Do you like that explanation? Do you think the methodology is of the same quality as Archeology?

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosa...s-live/what-really-happened-to-the-dinosaurs/

After the Flood, around 4,300 years ago, the remnant of the land animals, including dinosaurs, came off the Ark and lived in the present world, along with people. Because of sin, the judgments of the Curse and the Flood have greatly changed earth. Post-Flood climatic change, lack of food, disease, and man’s activities caused many types of animals to become extinct. The dinosaurs, like many other creatures, died out. Why the big mystery about dinosaurs?

This is how you do it. You have a question and you look at what experts have to say about it. You look at ALL the experts you can. The more the better.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I, you, we cannot possibly fully fathom or appreciate the time it takes for these things to happen.
Your post shows that you are even farther behind than others, especially when information is available from much more highly credible sources than me...which the reality is no matter who you get the info from you refuse to believe any of them anyway. I would think that if an average Joe like us wanted to get a better understanding of it, spending a years worth of every waking moment on it might put a small dent in sorting through credible sources and study and research.
I would venture to say that since my teens when I first had such an interest until now, MAYBE I have 3 solid months into it. I have a decent grasp of what goes on. I cannot say that I understand all of it. Nor do I think people WAY smarter who spend their life working in the field know everything about it. But, I place a large amount of trust into their work just like I do for the research others that have an impact in every other aspect of my life hourly if not by the minute.

j_seph

I'm not saying this is true, but if you read the whole thing you will see that they give reasons for why they think it might be.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/scit...s-had-a-common-ancestor-and-here-it-is/story/

By the way, I Googled "Cats and dogs common ancestor". If you have a question about anything you can Google it. No need to have us do it for you.
I was using dogs and cats as a crazy example, no need to Google to know dogs came from mama and daddy dog and cats came from mama and daddy cat. I could have said elephant and pig or goat and cow it was just an example. But thank you for the encouragement to use Google.

j_seph

I googled "What happened to the dinosaurs after Noah's ark?" and this is the first thing that came up. Do you like that explanation? Do you think the methodology is of the same quality as Archeology?

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosa...s-live/what-really-happened-to-the-dinosaurs/

After the Flood, around 4,300 years ago, the remnant of the land animals, including dinosaurs, came off the Ark and lived in the present world, along with people. Because of sin, the judgments of the Curse and the Flood have greatly changed earth. Post-Flood climatic change, lack of food, disease, and man’s activities caused many types of animals to become extinct. The dinosaurs, like many other creatures, died out. Why the big mystery about dinosaurs?

This is how you do it. You have a question and you look at what experts have to say about it. You look at ALL the experts you can. The more the better.
I like this one
Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; he eats grass like an ox. See now, his strength is in his hips, and his power is in his stomach muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are tightly knit. His bones are like beams of bronze, his ribs are like bars of iron. He is first of the ways of God; only He who made him can bring near His sword. Surely the mountains yield food for him, and all the beasts of the field play there. He lies under the lotus trees, in a covert of reeds and marsh. The lotus trees cover him with their shade; the willows by the brook surround him. Indeed the river may rage, yet he is not disturbed; he is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth, though he takes it in his eyes, or one pierces his nose with a snare (Job 40:15-24).

Israel

BANNED
I'm approaching the mind that simply sees all of it as miracle. That anything is, at all.

We make up words to describe processes in observation...and eventually get won to an idea in which we fundamentally conceptualize there are such things as negative and positive "charges" and that because there are words, and the words are such as we have made up, ...the concepts are then "grasped".

We "speak for" things.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with calling a thing a dog. But, "a rose by any other name..."

Which I guess was behind my asking my dog not long ago..."do you even know you are called dog...is that what you are to yourself?".

We seek to interpret what a thing by its existence is saying into existence. Dumb shepherd, smart shepherd, or really smart ancient shepherd, I find something very deep in the exchange of Moses trying to get a "name" out of the one he spoke to.

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Do I think Moses a great philosopher? Nah. I just think he got touched by (Bullet I expect you to relish this!) The Is Who Is.
Who is of all Isness.

Or if you really want to have fun!
The Is who is is-ing everything.

j_seph

I, you, we cannot possibly fully fathom or appreciate the time it takes for these things to happen.
Your post shows that you are even ****her behind than others, especially when information is available from much more highly credible sources than me...which the reality is no matter who you get the info from you refuse to believe any of them anyway. I would think that if an average Joe like us wanted to get a better understanding of it, spending a years worth of every waking moment on it might put a small dent in sorting through credible sources and study and research.
I would venture to say that since my teens when I first had such an interest until now, MAYBE I have 3 solid months into it. I have a decent grasp of what goes on. I cannot say that I understand all of it. Nor do I think people WAY smarter who spend their life working in the field know everything about it. But, I place a large amount of trust into their work just like I do for the research others that have an impact in every other aspect of my life hourly if not by the minute.
But in all of the fossils can you show stages of each animal evolving from one to another? I do not mean going from A to Z but all the in between. There should be proof somewhere of each stage.

ambush80

I like this one
Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; he eats grass like an ox. See now, his strength is in his hips, and his power is in his stomach muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are tightly knit. His bones are like beams of bronze, his ribs are like bars of iron. He is first of the ways of God; only He who made him can bring near His sword. Surely the mountains yield food for him, and all the beasts of the field play there. He lies under the lotus trees, in a covert of reeds and marsh. The lotus trees cover him with their shade; the willows by the brook surround him. Indeed the river may rage, yet he is not disturbed; he is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth, though he takes it in his eyes, or one pierces his nose with a snare (Job 40:15-24).

Do you like Answers in Genesis' explanation of what happened to the dinosaurs?