After the shot.

armyvet4583

So this being my 2nd yr after the ol toms I got thinking. When you kill a bird how do you prepare hime for the cooking. ALSO any wanna share some tastey recipes. That would be great thanks .

chrisclayton33

I like to cut the breast up into nugget size pieces and bread the pieces with some chicken breading mix. Then deep fry them to make turkey nuggets. They are also great to shake them in wing sauce to make boneless wings.

Brianf

x2 on the deep fried nuggets

M Sharpe

I generally soak strips over night in buttermilk. Then season and deep fry

BirdNut

I breast out the bird, make fillets. Also, take the legs, thigh and drumstick.

For the breasts, we other than fry like above, we sometimes put them in an earthen pot in the oven. Brown them first in a skillet, then add the meat, some vidalia onions sliced, seasoning and I think my wife put a little bit of chicken broth in the bottom of the pot for moisture. She elevates the meat so it is not swimming in the broth. Cook it on 350 degrees till it registers done on a meat thermometer. Pretty good stuff.

For the legs I also parboil it in seasoned water, then strip the meat from the bones (the drumsticks have A LOT of tendons) and then we use the meat in gumbo or soup.

plank

usually just cut the breast in to strips and make turkey fingers buffalo and regular flavor

nhancedsvt

Banned
Cut breast into nuggets. Coat nuggets in mustard and batter with House of Autry's seafood breader. Fry.

Use legs and any other meat to make turkey salad.

hawglips

Banned
Cut the breast into strips. Remove the tendon in the tender.

Soak 24 hrs in honey terryaki marinade.

Grill on low heat, don't overcook.

hawglips

Banned
Take the drums and thighs, and boil until meat is easily removed from the bones.

Pull into small strands and strips.

Get a good brunswick stew recipe and use the turkey drum and thigh meat in it.

I got a great one out of nwtf mag years ago for cajun turkey with bacon and onion ,tony satueries and yellow rice. Lookit up dang good.

Gaswamp

also, the strips make good fahitas too

deersled

if you boil the legs and thighs don't forget to save that broth. Makes an awesome soup. I normally save a couple quarts of the broth and freeze it. add it to anything that calls for chicken broth. mmm, mmm!

ccleroy

Cut up into nuggets, soak in buttermilk over night......batter and fry the next day.

or my new favorite.......soak in pickle juice overnight then batter the next day and fry........dang good stuff!!

Gaswamp

Cut the breast into strips. Remove the tendon in the tender.

Soak 24 hrs in honey terryaki marinade.

Grill on low heat, don't overcook.

I need to give this one a try

blong

Fry the breast in chunks 325 for a few minutes. I cube the thighs and make turkey pot pie.