Afternoon teal hunts

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Has anyone had any luck with it? I was thinking about giving it a shot since teal season is only 15 days long, and the fact that they are here today, and gone tomorrow.

DRBugman85

We have had some great teal hunts in the afternoon,not as many hunters out however here today gone tomorrow can happen as well.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

We have had some great teal hunts in the afternoon,not as many hunters out however here today gone tomorrow can happen as well.
My thinking is might as well try and get them while they are here, and try to get some more hunting in. I figured you might could pick up a few flocks migrating down in the afternoon. Thanks for the info.

Huntmaster2

I haven't hunted in the afternoon, but I have done plenty of scouting later in the day. Seen plenty in the afternoon. If you are hunting public land, just make sure you can hunt in the afternoon. Some places shooting hours end at noon.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I haven't hunted in the afternoon, but I have done plenty of scouting later in the day. Seen plenty in the afternoon. If you are hunting public land, just make sure you can hunt in the afternoon. Some places shooting hours end at noon.
I'm always by the book, but most places I hunt are all day.

chase870

Possum Sox
You will never kill them at the house. If you catch the birds right in the afternoon you can stack them up

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I think most people just don't go because of the heat. I would say if the teal are in town go for it!
The heat, college football, and dove season pretty much tie up my afternoons during September, but I figure I can listen to the dogs and shoot teal at the same time.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

You will never kill them at the house. If you catch the birds right in the afternoon you can stack them up
The one thing I'm concerned with is them going to a morning feed and loafing there all day, and then them heading to roost, without them flying to an afternoon feed, but I figure fishermen might stir them up.

Could be slow but you may hit the jack pot.

Barebowyer

I have seen mega flights of them further up the coast in the evenings. give it a shot

Mexican Squealer

Was deer hunting Sat pm and watched 10 or 12 flights of teal come in. Made me think of this thread as that would have been a heck on an afternoon teal hunt.