Age structure

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yep and most would shoot the younger one of those 2 , including me !

Mark K

Banned
Have had both in my sights multiple times. That young 9 is more impressive in person. Got the other one staked out for someone else. He’s 5.5 and has had the same rack for the last two years. We hoped he would even out, no suck luck.

six

Based on a lot of these what is it threads I see, it's probably not a good idea to tell some folks if it looks like a cow, then shoot it. Could wind up with some really mad neighbors who's cow is missing.

Blackston

My buddy only shoots 5 yo or better and expects his guests to do the same. He always says ya don't age a deer by his rack But it's hard when the walk out on ya

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I wish I had a dollar for every 3 1/2 yr old I never saw again. I had 2 I couldn't wait to see this year. Not a single picture of either. It's amazing how they become ghosts for a couple of years, only to reappear as cows later on. lol

Mark K

Banned
I wish I had a dollar for every 3 1/2 yr old I never saw again. I had 2 I couldn't wait to see this year. Not a single picture of either. It's amazing how they become ghosts for a couple of years, only to reappear as cows later on. lol
I had two I REALLY wanted to see this year and they were no shows. I know they survived last season but after they shed, they disappeared. One was a 3 beamed buck and the other was a tall 8pt.
DC4A1325-2F01-4595-B226-D9B79AEFC8CA.jpeg93AE6676-979F-41FA-8944-BB29AEB35688.jpeg

tree cutter 08

They have a good way if disappearing. I shoot if they get me excited. Obviously would rather have a older deer but the bigger rack would hit the ground.

Mark K

Banned
I actually missed him with my bow. Shot the 20yd pin when he was at 30. He ran a bit and turned around and came back to within 40yds. Glad I missed actually. My son ended up shooting a 140” deer about 45 minutes later and if I had connected he’d have been helping me instead of in the stand. Had him in the crosshairs 4 other times after that, but wouldn’t pull the trigger. Was really, really wanting to see him this year. If he’s made it, maybe he’ll return next year. I’d at least like to get a pic of him.

Buckfever

Nice bucks you got running around Mark! Hopefully they'll be around for y'all next year.

buckpasser

My buddy only shoots 5 yo or better and expects his guests to do the same. He always says ya don't age a deer by his rack But it's hard when the walk out on ya

That’s a tall order for guests who may not really know how to judge age and have never seen any of the deer there prior to their sit. Also, I’ve seen quite a few that were just as fine on their fourth rack as they would ever be.

Latest posts