AGE Trumpet

Gabon ebony, buffalo horn mouthpiece. Fine materials, design, sound, it's all there. Just too well done by a local call maker Anthony Ellis to let get away. This one is staying in Murray Co. Thanks Anthony!

chobrown

Anthony makes some awesome calls

whitetailfreak

That's a dandy right there. My Ellis Trumpet looks and sounds great. He's come out of nowhere this past year, and is making some turkey killin calls.

Last edited:

antnye

Thanks again Strutter! Glad you like it. Enjoyed talking calls and turkey with you today.

chobrown

Some more AGE calls
1st call is Maple and Brazilian Rosewood
2nd is Osage and Indian rosewood
3rd is a Cocobola yelper
4the is a box made with Ipe and poplar.
They are all killers!!

Attachments

• IMG_20160122_0426.jpg
    IMG_20160122_0426.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_20160122_11924.jpg
    IMG_20160122_11924.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_20160122_28625.jpg
    IMG_20160122_28625.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20160122_39973.jpg
    IMG_20160122_39973.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20160122_3264.jpg
    IMG_20160122_3264.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

chobrown

I didnt get a hat with my calls Anthony???
What the heck man!

I had to buy the hat separate, but the calls helped supply the hat band

antnye

I didnt get a hat with my calls Anthony???
What the heck man!

Swing by the shop next week timber and I'll hook you up with a hat. Uncle Steve keeps a couple straw hats in his truck. I'll steal you one. :bounce:

whitetailfreak

I usually go see Lonnie this time of year, but I may have to shop local this year. Very nice looking calls Chobrown.

chobrown

I usually go see Lonnie this time of year, but I may have to shop local this year. Very nice looking calls Chobrown.

Thanks.. If you decide on a call from Anthony you wont me disappointed.

ryanwhit

That's a nice looking trumpet for sure!

I've never noticed any drastic difference but then again I've never run a trumpet out of wood that was considered low on the hardness scale so I don't know. Probably has more to do with the overall design of the trumpet than anything. I think if you were to take two different types of wood that were close together on the hardness scale and you made them the exact same design then they would have a very similar sound. My pennies worth and take it for just that as I'm not a call maker.

antnye

Strutter is right. Wood hardness and grain texture make a great deal of sound difference. As well as design. Softer woods will yelp but the note will not be as pronounced and sharp, almost muffled. Harder tighter grain woods are optimal. And finish will make a difference as well.

gregg

Strutter is right. Wood hardness and grain texture make a great deal of sound difference. As well as design. Softer woods will yelp but the note will not be as pronounced and sharp, almost muffled. Harder tighter grain woods are optimal. And finish will make a difference as well.

Is it better to have them finished or unfinished...Inside? Outside? What finish is preferred?

Thanks