ALCHORNETS Summer NIGHTSHOOT Series

BowanaLee

Glad to hear it!

A couple of things to look at since this is your first 900,

1-Less poundage, speed dose not matter, it's all about accuracy and endurance.

2-Skinny arrows, less drift and will last longer with the 2 dozen in the target at the same time!

3-Arrow lube, Arrow lube and Arrow lube.....

See ya there!

Sounds like its possible to get put out by the others shooting on your target ? You better be flexing your carbon arrows. facepalm:

I'm not going to set up a low poundage bow especially for this. Just putting a few extra marks on my tape.
I have 60 lb limbs but their always around 51 or 2 lbs anyways. But, thats a lot for me.
I shoot skinny arrows with about 80 or 90 gr on the tip at all shoots. I use a blue fiber. I changed springs in my Evolution release too.
No arrow lube but there will be some young whipper snappers there to sucker into that. :bounce:

Tracker1

Sounds like you are in pretty good shape for it!
Count on losing a few knocks before the events over and you will be good. If we are on the same target it will hook ya up with live, but I ain't pulling them for ya!!!

I'm sure George won't be as formal but lighted sights are not allowed in most cases. Don't think it will be a problem for this. He keeps it pretty loose and just wants everyone to have fun. Might just ask when you register to be on the safe side.

BowanaLee

After putting in a few hours on my range today simulating a long shoot I learned something. If I'm going to be serious, I would have to have a dedicated field bow. A 3rd Obsession Addiction with 50 lb limbs shot near 40 lbs. I just don't see it happening. facepalm: Luckily it only costs 20.00 to make a fool out of myself. :bounce:

Tracker1

After putting in a few hours on my range today simulating a long shoot I learned something. If I'm going to be serious, I would have to have a dedicated field bow. A 3rd Obsession Addiction with 50 lb limbs shot near 40 lbs. I just don't see it happening. facepalm: Luckily it only costs 20.00 to make a fool out of myself. :bounce:

I'm sure you will do just fine, but I'm always in support for another bow!!!!:cheers:

Tracker1

Got a little work in this afternoon with the new Blue Elite Tour at 50m, all I had was an old 80cm target but looks like I might be ok.......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 192

BowanaLee

I had a bunch of them this afternoon. Its the others that I didn't like.

BowanaLee

I'm over bowed. I haven't recovered from shooting yesterday. Guess I can watch. facepalm: :bounce:

BowanaLee

That was a grueling shoot and went on for hours. I shot terrible but I think I beat somebody ? :huh:
My blue fiber wasn't working in that lighting. I'll be better prepared next time with black ring and center dot. Yes, I'll be back for revenge ! :cool:

Tracker1

That was a grueling shoot and went on for hours. I shot terrible but I think I beat somebody ? :huh:
My blue fiber wasn't working in that lighting. I'll be better prepared next time with black ring and center dot. Yes, I'll be back for revenge ! :cool:

I was glad to spend the evening shooting with you, glad you came. You shot strong, can't wait to see ya at the next one!!!

oldgeez

@ bow-wanna.............you're learning, lol!! pic's???:yeah::yeah:

BowanaLee

Well, the circle and dot on my lens wont work with my aging eyes. I can see the target but the ring looks like the 3 Olympic rings.
Verifier wont help. Its back to the blue fiber. Gotta make it a lot brighter with out using a light ? :huh:
I hate getting old, but it sure beats the alternative. :bounce:

oldgeez

:(so, no pic's:(..no pic's on fb either, just all the alc folks tearing it up. the griv only dropped 4 points. that's incredible:banana::banana:..i guess scott whooped the squirrel and butch gave 'em a good run. no scores yet:banana:

BOW DOC

Good shooting lee, you did beat squirrel.... But everybody did. And congrats to tiffiny ford for a silver at her first ever 900 round

BowanaLee

Y'all must know something I don't know. I shot terrible. Wheres the scores ?

GRIV

Here's the Scores Y'all

There's Photos all over Facebook. I don't have any on this machine to post.

Thanks so much for everyone coming out to the shoot. It was a awesome good time and The Hornet Team really appreciates you supporting them by attending our events.

Without the threat of rain i'll bring out the big speakers and blast the tunes next time.

I hear we have a donation from Shane's Rib Shack coming. Next time I'll have 50 Huge Pulled Pork Sandwiches ready for you.

Attachments

• may31Night 900 results.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 138

BowanaLee

A pulled pork sandwich will hit the spot. :cheers:
I beat the Squirrel ! ..........That :whip: backfired. :bounce:

BOTTEMLINE

Smoke

Well..l wanted everyone to come back ...Next month ..Now just dwell on that...lol...Bring some cash..;)

BowanaLee

Well..l wanted everyone to come back ...Next month ..Now just dwell on that...lol...Bring some cash..;)

You gonna dish out some of this ? :hair::hair:

oldgeez

that is hilarious...that was some good shooting, bow-wanna, considering you couldn't see. just wait 'til you get your aiming ironed out. we're going to make a spottie of you yet. where was butch?? I thought you said, he was there. maybe next time with his new bow??:stir::stir::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: