Alexa Listens

NOYDB

BANNED
And the "can't do without" Numi Intelligent Toilet. According to Kohler, the Numi "delivers hands-free flushing, bidet cleansing, feet warming, air drying, odor control, music, a night light and automatic seat temperature management." Better still, "[With an app] you can customize these features, create user presets and even ask Alexa to flush."

And Alexa listens to what goes on in the bathroom.

I want to see the Alexa enabled plunger in action.

sinclair1

I want to see the Alexa enabled plunger in action.
I don’t allow the device in the man cave or bedroom, but we have a smart home where the lights come on when we enter and Alexa can turn on what ever you want. Alexa is our alarm clock and secretary that reminds us of appointments.
My wife tells Alexa to start the coffee in the morning and it’s ready when she gets downstairs.

We are not important people so I doubt we have much for the
Government to listen in on.

We do Not have curtains on the windows facing the golf course either. You see what you see, no big deal to me.

I won’t allow it where we talk business, finances or time away from home, but it’s not bad for a
Tech gadget that not really
Needed.

sinclair1

I just tell Alexa we are low on a product and it is ordered. Told
Her I was low on BBQ rub and to reorder. It showed this morning before I got out of bed.

Rather enjoying Playing with the tech. No need for one of those battery cars if you need to shop

NOYDB

BANNED
Did you ever fool with X-10 controllers? I had my entire house on X-10 20+/- years ago.
Just didn't find it to be that useful for day to day living.

sinclair1

Did you ever fool with X-10 controllers? I had my entire house on X-10 20+/- years ago.
Just didn't find it to be that useful for day to day living.
Didn't have a need. Still don't, but prices are down and I didn't have much tech growing up. Never had cable or central air.

Say good morning Alexa and she will say good morning and give a traffic and weather report while making the morning coffee for my wife.

Alexa is just the medium. Now with all the tech gadget sold to talk to her, you can say how's my stocks doing. Make a cup of coffee, turn on anything.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I don’t allow the device in the man cave or bedroom, but we have a smart home where the lights come on when we enter and Alexa can turn on what ever you want. Alexa is our alarm clock and secretary that reminds us of appointments.
My wife tells Alexa to start the coffee in the morning and it’s ready when she gets downstairs.

Ok, this all seems a little contradictory to me? Do you not sleep in your bedroom and is it not your bedroom if you sleep in it for Alexa to be your alarm clock? And if Alexa is NOT in your bedroom where does your wife have to go to tell it to start your coffee and would it not be just as easy to go downstairs and start it yourself or better yet just have a programmable coffee pot?

It will be a cold, COLD day in the debils home before I allow one of those things in my home

sinclair1

The reminder is most useful. Tell Alexa to remind me to take charcoal to the lake on nov 1st.

sinclair1

Ok, this all seems a little contradictory to me? Do you not sleep in your bedroom and is it not your bedroom if you sleep in it for Alexa to be your alarm clock? And if Alexa is NOT in your bedroom where does your wife have to go to tell it to start your coffee and would it not be just as easy to go downstairs and start it yourself or better yet just have a programmable coffee pot?

It will be a cold, COLD day in the debils home before I allow one of those things in my home
To explain any of it would sound snobbish, but her closet has a gym in it.