Alfalfa plot

Ihunt

Have a buddy who has had great luck with alfalfa in middle Georgia. I spent 2 years getting my ph corrected. Laid down the seed Friday and got .75 of rain this weekend. He advised me to be patient and that it would take a year to be fully grown in. Now the wait begins.

Attachments

• C494E8EF-74CD-4411-8DA9-AE67509CD0A9.jpeg
    C494E8EF-74CD-4411-8DA9-AE67509CD0A9.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 47

Forest Grump

Be very vigilant with your weed control. It has zero tolerance for weed competition when it is first establishing. That was the biggest problem I had with it; but I never got the kind of tonnage without irrigating that I could get with annual legumes & it was just more trouble than it was worth.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Ihunt

Be very vigilant with your weed control. It has zero tolerance for weed competition when it is first establishing. That was the biggest problem I had with it; but I never got the kind on tonnage without irrigating that I could get with annual legumes & it was just more trouble than it was worth.

Good Luck!

Thanks. It’s RR alfalfa

doomtrpr_z71

Is your buddy in perry? The only bad thing is RR is great but the bulldog varietys are better suited for our weather.

Ihunt

Is your buddy in perry? The only bad thing is RR is great but the bulldog varietys are better suited for our weather.

Kind of. Hwy 26 just south of Perry. He’s on the east side of the interstate.