All it takes is a few seconds to change a hunt

Pilgrim

Saturday morning on the way to the woods I would have put money that the deer would be on the move, and the woods were going to be alive with whitetails. Boy, was I wrong! It was absolutely dead where I was hunting, but with a raining white oak ten yards from my tree, I just knew they were gonna have to get hungry at some point.
I couldn't believe it when at 11am I looked down through the grate of my stand to see antlers bobbing up and down, as this buck fed on acorns - yep... 10 yards away! He had snuck in on the wet leaves, and it was thick where I was hunting - he had come from directly in front of me where I had no line of sight to see the ground. From the time I saw him to the time I shot him - probably 30 seconds. I'm so thankful God made certain two whitetails got on the ark!
IMG_0766.PNG

joepuppy

Great buck, man! They can certainly sneak up on you. Glad it paid off for you.

Pilgrim

Supposedly this deer is only TWO years old! I realized it when I walked up on him and saw how small his body was. He was definitely putting every ounce of energy into his antlers. I'm pretty sure I killed the most genetically superior two-year-old whitetail in the state o_O

DSGB

They can and will sneak up on you. Congrats on a great buck!

BowanaLee

Heck yeah, that’ll work !

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats on a heckuva tall tined bow whitetail & blessing from above.

Good reminder how it only takes a brief moment to turn a hunt & a season for the better. Thx for posting.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
They can and will sneak up on you. Congrats on a great buck!

AMEN. I had an 8 pt come across a wide open pasture (with cows in it!) and give me a 20 yard, perfect shot at 3:45 on Sunday afternoon. I didn't see him until he was 30 yards away. I had just gotten into the stand and didn't even have an arrow nocked :banginghe

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Congrats