Allatoona 5/30, awesome, and NEW pb striper again! 24 lbs (pics and GoPro video!)

mpwarrak

I still can't quite believe it. Not only is this my best striper, it's my biggest fish ever, period!

Fishing was almost a carbon copy of Saturday, except this time I had a helper. We caught several 1-4 lb whites, spots, hybrid on shad early about 15-20 ft down, then used the sonar to snag this monster from 35 ft down with a live bream.

It felt like I hooked a submarine. Took over 100 ft of line, and was pulling my boat as fast as the trolling motor on medium. The fish was released unharmed. I can't say the same for the smaller fish. :bounce:

fishing 5-30-16 (1).jpg

fishing 5-30-16 (4).JPG

fishing 5-30-16 (6).jpg

fishing 5-30-16 (8).jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

ChadF821

That trip will be talked about for years to come. Congrats on your new pb. The big ones are showing up quite frequently.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Nice!!

brianj

You're killing them - congrats!
did a lot better than me. went out yesterday morning and was basically skunked on bait; caught 3 shad and ended up with two fish. nothing of any size though.
nice job again!

Northwestretriever

Great memories for sure! Nice fish!

lastofthebreed

What a great fish. I love to hear about catching a personal best monster and releasing it to fight another day. Congratulations!

weneroux

The best part was seeing how helpful your son was....congrats