Allatoona Boat Ramps

EClass

I didn't fish at all on the Lake last year and am looking to make up for lost time!!

I was looking to see what ramps are open and saw a few others inquiring for the same info. There used to be a site that had daily open / closed info but I can't seem to find it. What I did find was this site from DNR with the ramp elevations.

Lake as of today 01/24 is 825.75. If I had to guess based on bottom elevations listed Galts, Blockhouse and Stamp has ramps open. Payne and Red Top maybe too.

Cherokee Mills are the Little River ramps. I drive past them everyday and while the ramps look ok the silt build up through there is the highest I have seen in years.

Feel free to add updates.

http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/Missi.../Allatoona-Lake/Boating/Boat-Ramp-Elevations/

--E

Anvil Head

Payne's was open a week ago.

AStrick

I hope Kellogg creek ramp is open?
I plan to put in there and worry some crappie to death!
Fo Sho!

Anvil Head

Kellog Creek and Paynes are one and the same. Corps calls the ramp Paynes in most their publications, but have also seen it called Kellogs (may even be what's on the sign board, I never look - I'm more intent on fishing).

JPetrick

Allatoona Ramps

The Blockhouse and Galts Ferry ramps are also open. Can't use the docks but you can launch fine.

Anvil Head

Well, you can use the docks......just a lot of pushing and shoving to get your boat back in the water. Concrete is wet which is mostly what matters.
Got a kick out of the "Gov't Shutdown" notices, talk about a waste of government spending! Cost to print, employee paid time installation, and no revenue in the little "green box" - a real win/win there!