Allatoona heads up

Thread starter #1

bfriendly

So last year I found out I was hunting illegally! Thought I found a sweet plot on Allatoona WMA. HOWEVER, I was actually in between 2 areas that were WMA, on a USACE area. Thank goodness I never shot anything and some friendly hunters told me the had permits to be there and that it was archery only. I did some research and found there are several areas like this on Allatoona..........and he was right😳

Anywho, my calendar reminder went off this am to send in my permit request for next year. I will send it in today as they start taking apps May 1st......I wanted to give y’all a heads up on this as there are some great areas.

Thread starter #2

bfriendly

They finally cashed my check today!!! I am so psyched for next season and taking the crossbow to some new areas I have never hunted.....gonna get my first Deer 🙏

Thread starter #4

bfriendly

I sure hope so 🙏 I surely expect to......I wonder if they even give them all out. There are quite a few areas, but they are all small and in this general vicinity (Allatoona Lake)......bow only, local and still public land so 400 permits seem like a lot,imho.......I have been known to be wrong before though 😁

Do you hunt those areas 922? Trying to improve my odds for my first Deer. I have not even seen them all, but the Kellogg area is within walking distance of the House.........