Allatoona

The oldest known waterfowl banded in North America was a Canada goose that lived to be 30 years and 4 months old.
The oldest mallard lived to 26 years, 4 months.
The first large-scale North American banding program was established in 1922.

To date, about 16 million waterfowl have been banded in North America, including about 13 million ducks.

Biologists band more than 200,000 ducks and nearly 150,000 geese and swans in North America each year.

About 85,000-90,000 bands are reported each year.

To date, most duck banding efforts have focused on mallards. The mallard is the most commonly banded and most commonly harvested duck in the United States and Canada.
Approximately 7 million mallards have been banded so far.

You can do the math it's above my pay grade.

Hard Core

I agree with Nitro. I believe a huge rope, full of bling comes with two things. Luck to kill that particular bird and also for it to be in that particular area. Ducks, are imprinted and return to certain areas year after year. If you hunt in an area, where the birds from a banding area migrate to every year, you will have ample band opportunities. They are imprinted to return to this area and will be carrying some bands for a few lucky folks.

Nitro with as much respect as i can put into what im about to say, dude, writing that much junk was not needed for what i had to ask. im sorry

dude im 23, iv been duck hunting for 6 years now all in state. im no pro and probably wont be but i can promice you this, every time i step into a pair of wadders i do so with more gratitued and dedication that most people ever would. im not trying to brag on numbers. sorry if i did. i have said it several times on alot or threds here number don't mean jack squat. to me its the thrill of the hunt and the comradery with good friends having a good time.

i def know this, and again i say this with as much respect to elders as possible, when im old, i'll deffantly be sure to help out the younger generation with any advise i aquire from my years of hunting, not try to put them in their place with aquired knowledge.

and if i have upset anyone or you nitro, i appolige. but i felt the way you came across was rude.:huh:

No comment. :D

Hammett, I would say you'd have much better luck with getting this type of info through a PM. JMO BUT keep all messages, you never know when you may need to dig'em back out.:)

GSURugger

Nitro with as much respect as i can put into what im about to say, dude, writing that much junk was not needed for what i had to ask. im sorry

dude im 23, iv been duck hunting for 6 years now all in state. im no pro and probably wont be but i can promice you this, every time i step into a pair of wadders i do so with more gratitued and dedication that most people ever would. im not trying to brag on numbers. sorry if i did. i have said it several times on alot or threds here number don't mean jack squat. to me its the thrill of the hunt and the comradery with good friends having a good time.

i def know this, and again i say this with as much respect to elders as possible, when im old, i'll deffantly be sure to help out the younger generation with any advise i aquire from my years of hunting, not try to put them in their place with aquired knowledge.

and if i have upset anyone or you nitro, i appolige. but i felt the way you came across was rude.:huh:

PM hammet...please:type: its too early for this to get :pop: good:bounce:

Boudreaux

sorry guys just got a lil ticked. i'll keep the sugestions in mind next time.

Words of advice, my young friend, do not challenge the godfather. He is set in his ways from many years and many travels to build his experience.

If he put you in your place, consider it constructive criticism, not a back handed slap. I grew up in NELA duck hunting, and have still learned from the godfather. It is an honor to be school, kindly or harshly, by someone on the Yoda level.

Listen, learn, appreciate.....

And good luck to you this upcoming season!

r_hammett86

Words of advice, my young friend, do not challenge the godfather. He is set in his ways from many years and many travels to build his experience.

If he put you in your place, consider it constructive criticism, not a back handed slap. I grew up in NELA duck hunting, and have still learned from the godfather. It is an honor to be school, kindly or harshly, by someone on the Yoda level.

Listen, learn, appreciate.....

And good luck to you this upcoming season!

you make a pretty good point. guess im the one beying hardheaded. guess i over reacted. Nittro, sorry dude. i totally took it the wrong way/

Nitro

Banned
you make a pretty good point. guess im the one beying hardheaded. guess i over reacted. Nittro, sorry dude. i totally took it the wrong way/

No problem.

You aren't the first, nor will you be the last. :D

If folks would look at what I try to share(experience and information) , their egos won't get bruised.

I learned from the ground up and am happy to try and share what I know. (read your Arkansas thread- I gave plenty of good advice there).

My mentor will cut you to the core in a second- but he too is trying to help the learning process. I'm a patient gentle teacher in compare...:rofl:

I know that there are folks out there with more experience than I in many areas and it doesn't bother me a bit. I learn something from just about everyone I hunt with.

It is hard for me to understand why people get all swollen by the fact that the same thing applies to them..especially on an internet forum.

Take my advice rhammett86, get in a vehicle and travel to some new places to hunt. It will round out your life and enrich your hunting experiences. Georgia ain't real high on the list of destinations for a Waterfowler.

I hope you all have a great season.:cheers:

greg@teamlivewire

I WILL break the law for jewelry. I know I will....I've seen me do it.

greg@teamlivewire

Where in the world have you been Young Captain???

Good to see you here.

Fishing and Coaching baseball leaves little time. Let's get together sometime before the season.