almost 5 lb spot

The only way I can tell is the jaw line and the top dorsal fin. jaw line on a spot does not hinge behind the eye and the top dorsal fin is separate on a large mouth and it is continuous on a spot. And a spot has teeth on it's tounge. I am just guessing, but it looks like a large mouth to me. But it could be a spot. No doubt.

Great catch! congrats!

DSGB

Yep, that is a largemouth and a nice one, too!

Coenen

I agree with the other posts here, that's a largemouth, and a beauty at that! Excellent fish, and in good condition to boot. Great catch!

Thread starter #15
Nice Rabun. Ill be on the lake the 20th of July. Will you be up there?
Thanks Burton! I believe I'll be up so will look you up. Headed up this weekend. Haven't really been targeting trout, but may dunk some minnows this weekend and give them a shot.

Awesome Rabun. Congrats to your wife. I assume that's Burton. My wife caught her PB best LM up there a few years back.
Thanks Scoutin! Yes Burton. She cut her teeth on snapper fishing this spring and realized she really likes fishing. I bet there are a lot of people who have caught their PB out of Burton. It can be a tough lake to fish, but there are some good ones in there.

Nice bass, congrats to your wife.
Thank you Beagler!

I bet that was fun watching her fight that bad boy. When ever I hook a big one I hand the rod to my wife real quick and say dont loose em. It always catches her off gaurd and I get a little show. Good Times.

Thread starter #17
I bet that was fun watching her fight that bad boy. When ever I hook a big one I hand the rod to my wife real quick and say dont loose em. It always catches her off gaurd and I get a little show. Good Times.
Sounds like my boat...I'm always handing the rod off to someone. Kinda at the point where I get a bigger thrill watching newbies reel'em in. The best is handing the rod off to youngsters. I think I get more nervous than the one fighting the fish o_O

Sounds like my boat...I'm always handing the rod off to someone. Kinda at the point where I get a bigger thrill watching newbies reel'em in. The best is handing the rod off to youngsters. I think I get more nervous than the one fighting the fish o_O
Guilty. Our young angler at OWL this year lost a big striper, I'm still a little sick over it.