almost 5 lb spot

The only way I can tell is the jaw line and the top dorsal fin. jaw line on a spot does not hinge behind the eye and the top dorsal fin is separate on a large mouth and it is continuous on a spot. And a spot has teeth on it's tounge. I am just guessing, but it looks like a large mouth to me. But it could be a spot. No doubt.

Great catch! congrats!

DSGB

Yep, that is a largemouth and a nice one, too!

Coenen

I agree with the other posts here, that's a largemouth, and a beauty at that! Excellent fish, and in good condition to boot. Great catch!

Rabun

Thank you! I'll let her know of all the nice replies she got...she's not on the forum...yet :)

Scout'nStripers

Awesome Rabun. Congrats to your wife. I assume that's Burton. My wife caught her PB best LM up there a few years back.

Rabun

Nice Rabun. Ill be on the lake the 20th of July. Will you be up there?

Thanks Burton! I believe I'll be up so will look you up. Headed up this weekend. Haven't really been targeting trout, but may dunk some minnows this weekend and give them a shot.

Awesome Rabun. Congrats to your wife. I assume that's Burton. My wife caught her PB best LM up there a few years back.

Thanks Scoutin! Yes Burton. She cut her teeth on snapper fishing this spring and realized she really likes fishing. I bet there are a lot of people who have caught their PB out of Burton. It can be a tough lake to fish, but there are some good ones in there.

Nice bass, congrats to your wife.

Thank you Beagler!

hopper

I bet that was fun watching her fight that bad boy. When ever I hook a big one I hand the rod to my wife real quick and say dont loose em. It always catches her off gaurd and I get a little show. Good Times.

Rabun

I bet that was fun watching her fight that bad boy. When ever I hook a big one I hand the rod to my wife real quick and say dont loose em. It always catches her off gaurd and I get a little show. Good Times.

Sounds like my boat...I'm always handing the rod off to someone. Kinda at the point where I get a bigger thrill watching newbies reel'em in. The best is handing the rod off to youngsters. I think I get more nervous than the one fighting the fish o_O

Coenen

Sounds like my boat...I'm always handing the rod off to someone. Kinda at the point where I get a bigger thrill watching newbies reel'em in. The best is handing the rod off to youngsters. I think I get more nervous than the one fighting the fish o_O
Guilty. Our young angler at OWL this year lost a big striper, I'm still a little sick over it.