Altamaha Bass

pt ninja

I am planning a trip to Athens in mid May to catch an Altamaha Bass. Anyone have any info on where to start looking?

GA BASS ODYSSEY

The North Oconee River below Athens. Northeast side of Whitehall Road is public land. Also try the North Oconee River Greenway off College Ave and the North Oconee River Park off MLK Parkway. All public land. There in the shoals are near them. Watch out for hybrids though.

Nimrod71

If you want to catch some really nice (5-8 lb. or more) come on down to Toombs Co and fish Dead River. Dead River is and oxbow lake off the Altamaha River. It is well known for bass, bream, shellcrackers and crappie. Last Saturday two of my friends caught 41 lbs. of bass in 3 hours. The largest was 8,3 lb. They had 2 break the line. Come on down and lets have some fun. Good Luck.

fishbilly

Where are you traveling to Athens from? If you are near ATL metro or points west you don't have to go all the way to Athens for Altamaha bass... we catch them in the Yellow and Apalachee Rivers here in Gwinnett county.

pt ninja

Where are you traveling to Athens from? If you are near ATL metro or points west you don't have to go all the way to Athens for Altamaha bass... we catch them in the Yellow and Apalachee Rivers here in Gwinnett county.
Dalton. That’s interesting! The dnr map doesn’t show them to be in that area. Do you mind to pm me a location to where I could look?

Latest posts