Altamaha River & It's not KFC

Nimrod71

First, todays fishing report: Started out early today hoping to get a good mess of catfish for my wife, I already have mine. The river has fallen out about a foot from my last trip. The bait stealers were out in full force. Tried several of my best sports to no avail. I even tried the old run of the river going into the Ohoopee. You can just about make it to the Ohoopee but the willows have gotten so thick I couldn't get my boat through. Then I went out and went up the old run to the Old Tattnall Co. landing. Getting to the landing wasn't hard, and several people were putting in there. I decided to try going on up the Ohoopee from there and I made it about a quarter mile before the willows closed it off. Looks like someone would go down and clean us out a trail. Oh well maybe next week. I did find some fish just down the Altamaha from where the Ohoopee runs in. Found a good 25 ft. hole. I finished up with 11 good cats.

Now for the Buckets of food. My wife an I tried out Big Ma's last night. I have eaten there several times for Friday Dinner, as good a catfish and mullet as you can find and all you can eat for $10 including tea and home made ice cream and peach cobbler.

Last night was seafood buffet and for extra cash you get buckets of king crab legs, I mean buckets. We got there at 6 p.m. and the place was full, I ask a man sitting alone if we could sit with him. He was very nice and offered us a seat. My wife and I ate all the shrimp - fried, boiled, stewed, fish - both fried and baked, stuffed crab, salmon we could hold. I had to eat two bowls of ice cream with peach cobbler. But the real sight was seeing everyone eating those buckets of crab legs. Just about every table was covered with buckets. When we left the man we set with was on his fifth bucket. He could really eat.

So if any one wants Buckets of crab legs just come on down to Big Ma's on Friday or Saturday night, just East of Uvalda, Ga. on hwy 56.

Nimrod71

Those were the biggest crab legs I have ever seen. The meat looked to be at least 3/4 inch or better. I know King crab is more expense than Snow crab and you are probably right, but them legs shore were big and them folks were eating them by the bucket.