Amen, save the K9 soldier.

Hillbilly stalker

There is a rich history of K-9 used in the Military . William Kholer was credited with starting the scout dog program in WWII. They were trained to sniff out the Japs in the jungles. They saved a lot of U.S soldiers and Marines. He also trained most of the animals at Disney after the war. There are some good reads on the subject. They still serve us well.

Argent11

There is a rich history of K-9 used in the Military . William Kholer was credited with starting the scout dog program in WWII. They were trained to sniff out the Japs in the jungles. They saved a lot of U.S soldiers and Marines. He also trained most of the animals at Disney after the war. There are some good reads on the subject. They still serve us well.

I'm sure they are well trained, that would make them very expensive dogs. Like the service dogs used for the blind. Groomed from the day they are born for what they are able to do. The DEA still uses dogs so does the Border Patrol.

I knew a Cop who had one in his K9 squad car. He told me that he only would respond to Belgian Language commands. Given to him by his handler. I don't know about the military dogs if they are the same way.

Hillbilly stalker

I was a K-9 officer for 3.5 years till I made rank. I had a Beligian Malinois (ghetto coyote) and a Dutch Shepard. They both saved my hide a couple of times and found some people with Alzheimer's . Saved a guy who got hit with a 12 gauge and was charged with a murder. Both of mine where trained in Dutch, but a lot of German Shepards are still trained in German. Their worth their weight in gold.

Reactions: Dub

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
His ears are Tall. :bounce: