American VS English Labradors?

Raised an sold over 175 lab pups in my time. The blood lines are important. The dog doesn’t know he is dog. Get a dog from a proven blood line . That’s a start.

flatsmaster

Very important ... Pedigree and health clerances ... I have American and she excels in field and hunt tests as well as at home and will lay in my office for 10 hours a day and not make a peep ... go to train and she loves to do the work .... but go see the parents and decide what YOUR needs are in a working dog ... well trained either dog with good pedigree will pickup ducks ...

I have 4 American and 1 from Ireland. They were all easy to train. Size is a big difference the Americans are all 85-100lbs vs 65lbs. My dog with the bloodline from Ireland will retrieve all day, he would rather work than eat.

Bob Wallace

I have an English now and have had 3 Americans in the past. Not sure if it was something or not however my English was / is no where near as hyper as my Americans were. She is very calm and deliberate.

greg j

I always liked the smaller Labs. I think we Americans kinda got carried away with bigger is better. I don't think a Lab has to be 100lbs. If i was to get another one
i would look for a smaller size.

flatsmaster

My American Lab is 52 pounds ... there's lots of options for a 70lb or less American lab with great pedigree ... I'm 6-3 and my boy is 6-5 I don't want or need a 100lb dog in mudboat or kayak no matter what breed

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I'm American. Would rather be American than British. Would rather my dog be American too. 'Merica. MAGA.