And just like that.............

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Thanksgiving is over. I do love H22's parents old glass ornaments they had on their tree back in the late 50's.
78798288_3051488125076208_3679542222430142464_n.jpg

zedex

Gator Bait
Glass ornaments used to be the norm but are the exception now. Their beauty and quality are unmatched by the plastic ones available now

I'd love to get some.

Big7

The Oracle
Jenny is breaking out our stuff tomorrow.
Usually up day after Thanksgiving. She went to Charleston for TG this year.

I sure do like yalzz ornaments.
Not sure how old our glass one's are.

My ding- bat sisters got all my Grandmother's. Some are Waterford Crystal.

My lil' 80 year old Mama is still got all of hers. Some from back in England.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Glass ornaments used to be the norm but are the exception now. Their beauty and quality are unmatched by the plastic ones available now

I'd love to get some.

I got lucky a few years ago. Found a small town store had faded boxes of them out for sale. I bought quite a few of them. They really are nice, very pretty Mrs H.

nkbigdog

That Avatar you have now is the best yet! Your Son sure has grown up to a mighty fine young man! Congrats Mom and Dad!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
We still have some old glass ones and all the corny ones our kids made coming up through the years. We have so many old and odd ornaments you would think it was from goodwill or a homeless person made it. They're all on the tree right now and every year and wouldn't have it any other way. It represents our lives together for over 30 years.
That's right!!! That what it's all about!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I broke so many of them Glass ornaments, they stopped letting me help decorate the tree. We has some of those old glass candles with some kind of toxic liquid in them. We used to use Angel hair and they outlawed that.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
My mother had some awesome old ornaments from the 50's. She kicked the bucket earlier in the year and I told my sisters that I didn't want any of her junk/money/house/ect. Leave me out of it.

I forgot about those ornaments though. I'm not much for holidays but those were exceptionally cool.

The old bat was German and a lot of her stuff came from Germany.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I broke so many of them Glass ornaments, they stopped letting me help decorate the tree. We got intoxicated.
FIFY. :rofl:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
If I could wake up just one day in yer house I’d pray it’d be Christmas.
You ain’t my mama but you sure act like her every day!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I broke so many of them Glass ornaments, they stopped letting me help decorate the tree. We has some of those old glass candles with some kind of toxic liquid in them. We used to use Angel hair and they outlawed that.
I remember that angle hair stuff. Mama would put it around her Manger scene. Told me not to toach it. :bounce:

Hunter922

I have a few of my mom's glass ornaments. Everytime I hang them It amazes me how they have survived all this time without being broken.. takes me back...

Head East

Thanksgiving is over. I do love H22's parents old glass ornaments they had on their tree back in the late 50's.
78798288_3051488125076208_3679542222430142464_n.jpg

They look great, don't they??? I had all my grandparents and parents ornaments. I still have some left. Over the years they have broken, especially during the moves.. I have kept the last few in a special case and put them on a separate tree the kids and grands do gather round.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

Between The Redhead and me with our ornaments, we decorate our tree and home with glass ornaments that date back a lot older than we are. Some pushing 100 years old.

Yes, we are VERY careful with them.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I think it's awesome that the MEN are taking such good care of these precious things. I'm so glad H22 did. :rockon: