AND RUT HAS STARTED !!

swamp hunter

Right down here in 96 degrees , 90 % Humidity..
Did I mention knee deep water..ask me about Skeeters..please.
Yup Folks the Southern Glades Rut has started. Has to be that way so the Fawns are dropped during Dry Season. Being dropped out of a Doe into knee deep water don,t work realBig Cypress 007.jpgBig Cypress buck.jpg well so the Deer have adapted.
Archery Season starts next Month...Me , I'm waiting till October

uturn

Cool...thanks for sharing!

Good luck!!

Send pictures

Jester896

Senior Clown
dang...was in Naples over the weekend...I woulda rode with ya. Ate at Joe's on Airport 2 mornings.

swamp hunter

Yes they do ..Everything is dependant on the water levels.
Hard for the Fawns to survive when the water is deep they have to swim everywhere.

The mtn man

I was rambling around the keys a couple weeks ago, and did not see a single deer, im wondering if the hurricane killed alot of them.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Florida is the only state that has rutting activity from July down South till March in the Panhandle.

Once the season starts you can literally hunt a rut somewhere all season.

And SH is right, rut is timed to take advantage of the dry season. Has nothing to do with length of daylight. Deer have evolved to drop fawns during the dry months.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Dang if you ain't hard core swamp. Anybody who says you ain't is just looking for a fight.bounce.gif

swamp hunter

I got ole Marvin running for high Ground...
I've been moving my Posted Signs closer and closer to his house. He can't afford a Survey in that big Swamp so I guess he's just gonna have to take my word on the boundaries.
Game Warden ain't gonna Survey it either , Looks like Barking right back worked real nice...for me...