And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

Shoot, let's liven up this juke joint.....

I dont think they will outlaw cash, I think they will just make it more difficult to use. Dems saw this coming a long time ago, that is why there state run public education does not teach people at McDonalds how to make change.

Flash

I was too. In fact I’ve never heard any preaching other than that way, but upon studying it for myself, I eventually came to realize that there is a strong possibility that the timeline may not be so peachy for us believers. I’d suggest preparing for the possibility of experiencing the entirety of the most miserable time of human existence just in case. Please let me know if you find anything definitive, but I just don’t see it in the scripture. I’m still hopeful there will be a “rapture” pretribulation though.
I heard a guy say once.

I hope that the rapture is pre trib, I feel like it will be mid-trib, and I pray it isn't post-trib, but I am not sure on any of it.

I am a simple man, with a habit of just taking people and the Bible at what it says. The Bible says ' at the last trump' he will return.... I looked to see when the last trumpet sounded. It wasn't pre-trib.
I read somewhere that pre trib teaching is a "new thing". something like in the past 100 -150 yrs ago is when 'they came up with it'.

Another said how you interpret a verse in Daniel makes you go one way or another on your end time view. But like NE GA Pappy I don't know, we'll find out one day

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I dont think they will outlaw cash, I think they will just make it more difficult to use. Dems saw this coming a long time ago, that is why there state run public education does not teach people at McDonalds how to make change.
why don't you think they will do that Bo$$. Is is just a feeling, or do you have some scenario where it would be a benefit for the gooberment to let you continue to use cash?

The millennial generation is already conditioned to not have cash. Lots of the X and Y don't carry cash, and prefer a plastic transaction. You and I are the old guard, and we are dying off in record numbers. It is only a matter of time until the gooberment, in their quest to have more and more control of the dumb masses, will do away with cash. There are just to many 'good' reasons for them to do it. To the people who don't give a rats patootie about big brother gooberment, it will seem like a God send. Just think of all the taxes that the 'rich' will have to pay, because they can't hide their purchases with a blind cash transaction any more.

Why every democrat in the US will go for it, just for that one reason alone.

why don't you think they will do that Bo$$. Is is just a feeling, or do you have some scenario where it would be a benefit for the gooberment to let you continue to use cash?

The millennial generation is already conditioned to not have cash. Lots of the X and Y don't carry cash, and prefer a plastic transaction. You and I are the old guard, and we are dying off in record numbers. It is only a matter of time until the gooberment, in their quest to have more and more control of the dumb masses, will do away with cash. There are just to many 'good' reasons for them to do it. To the people who don't give a rats patootie about big brother gooberment, it will seem like a God send. Just think of all the taxes that the 'rich' will have to pay, because they can't hide their purchases with a blind cash transaction any more.

Why every democrat in the US will go for it, just for that one reason alone.
Pappy, I think there are several reasons.
The first one is that their are lot of people out there, that will never own a credit card and some without a SS number..

I also think that there are a lot of deep state deals that are done on a cash on the barrel head basis. Such as the Iran blackmailing Obama, They were got going to deal in anything but cash.

The gubbmint is not gonna shut their selves out of an underground economy. They dont like cash and would like to see us quit using it. But they are smart enough to know, that any kind of a cashless economy would cut them out of their piece of the pie.

i just don't see it that way Bo$$. I think the gooberment would LOVE a cashless society. Especially the part about the underground economy. They wouldn't have to send a plane over to the sandpit. They can just hit a few buttons on a keyboard, and The Ayatollah Buttaholah has the money in his bank. No news coverage, and no one the wiser.

Instead of cutting them out of the piece of the pie, it would give them a piece of every pie. If all transactions have to go thru a central gooberment database, it would be real easy to pass a transaction tax, and get a nibble of every pie out there.

I know that there are people who would try their dead level best to not become part of the system, but it wouldn't be very many. Like people who are not part of social security now. The exempt few.

The merchants would love it. No more bounced checks. No more counterfeit money. No more chasing down deadbeats for the rent. All the transactions go thru your bank, that day, and you have your credits at the bank. The merchants wouldn't even have to collect and report sales taxes. The gooberment would add that on to your purchase, and collect it separately.

It would be a liberals dream come true. Not only could they tax income, they could tax wealth. A tax just because you had some credits at the bank. After all, you only need so much money. After a while, enough is enough, at least Obama said it was.

PopPop

Cashless is coming, it won't be an option. It will be heralded as the solution for every ill that afflicts us, from national debt, comprehensive immigration reform, the war on Drugs to universal healthcare. It will be in the form of a national biometric ID card, replacing all other forms of ID, bank cards, licenses and permits. Ain't technology wonderful.

jimbo4116

Retired Moderator
Cash ain't goin' nowhere in this country. There are too many retail cash businesses out there.
Iffen in 1969 someone had told you that you would carry the Library of Congress 10 times over in your pocket plus be able to directly communicate to almost anywhere in the civilized world with the same device, not to mention the other 50,000 applications(APPS), you would have laughed at them. After all even Dick Tracy's wrist watch wouldn't do that.

Now it is obvious that anything you can imagine can and will come true. Anyone that thinks the Government is not going to get into this electronic money is fooling themselves. And anyone that thinks they can predict what will not happen in 20 years is doing the same.

I pretty sure that paper money will still exist a good while longer but it will have a barcode, micro chip, maybe even a GPS tracking device embedded in the ink.

I pretty sure that paper money will still exist a good while longer but it will have a barcode, micro chip, maybe even a GPS tracking device embedded in the ink.
what makes you think it doesn't already have a scan feature built in?