and the idiot of the day award goes to.....

across the river

There are only about 600 of these birds alive in the U.S. today. Talk about more fuel for the antis. The more i read about this kid, the worse it gets......

Notice the picture in the article……. from Facebook. I don't know if it is a generational thing or what, but these young guys can't wait to get on Facebook, or ducks.org, or a forum an tell everybody what, where, what type, and how many birds they have been killing. When I was late teens and early twenties, I and the guys I hunted with did every thing we could to make people think we weren't killing ducks, especially if we were killing them on public land. We picked up every shell and made sure to tear down any blind we had built and hide it in the woods. If we were hunting an area of a lake that had a muddy bank, we would even carry a rake in the boat, so we could rake down all the boot tracks and activity we made, to make it difficult for people who just rode by to tell we had hunted there. My dad didn't hunt, but I remember lying to him if he asked if me if we had any luck, because I knew he had a buddy that duck hunted. I didn't want that guy to ask if I had been hunting, and have my dad reveal that we had been killing birds. I knew that was more competition, because I knew they guy had a decent idea of where I would be hunting. A lesson for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, the best thing you can do for yourself if you finds public birds is keep your mouth shut.

DRBugman85

Notice the picture in the article……. from Facebook. I don't know if it is a generational thing or what, but these young guys can't wait to get on Facebook, or ducks.org, or a forum an tell everybody what, where, what type, and how many birds they have been killing. When I was late teens and early twenties, I and the guys I hunted with did every thing we could to make people think we weren't killing ducks, especially if we were killing them on public land. We picked up every shell and made sure to tear down any blind we had built and hide it in the woods. If we were hunting an area of a lake that had a muddy bank, we would even carry a rake in the boat, so we could rake down all the boot tracks and activity we made, to make it difficult for people who just rode by to tell we had hunted there. My dad didn't hunt, but I remember lying to him if he asked if me if we had any luck, because I knew he had a buddy that duck hunted. I didn't want that guy to ask if I had been hunting, and have my dad reveal that we had been killing birds. I knew that was more competition, because I knew they guy had a decent idea of where I would be hunting. A lesson for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, the best thing you can do for yourself if you finds public birds is keep your mouth shut.

YOUBETYA:crazy:

rnelson5

The Boy might have thought they were Sandhill cranes which are hunted some places, Too much judgement on here, Would you pose with a bunch of illegal birds for a pic if you knew they were illegal:huh:
Have you done any research on the matter?? He knew what they were.

Gaducker

Found this poor guy on Butler last year during snipe season. However, he didn't appear to have been shot, kind of strange

I been huntin long enough to know this pic^^ was not needed and for sure didn't need to be posted on a forum WITH YOUR GUN ON IT for some liberal LA tree hugger anti huntin type to use as ammo. You know state bird and all!!!!

Its kinda like the kid who put all the bills on his antenna on his truck or the goofball who hangs ducks from the rear view mirrior and posts pics of it on WWW.

For gosh sakes put them pics in a photo album for you to share with a select few and not the entire dang world.

Gaducker

The Boy might have thought they were Sandhill cranes which are hunted some places, Too much judgement on here, Would you pose with a bunch of illegal birds for a pic if you knew they were illegal:huh:

And I also could identify migratory birds on the wing before I shot them at that age. Come on are you defending him?

Obviously if he was charged they don't hunt em in the eastern Texas district where he was arrested.

Last edited:

rnelson5

And I also could identify migratory birds on the wing before I shot them at that age. Come on are you defending him?

Especially a giant white cranefacepalm:

Gaducker

happens all the time.

ALL the time. by these same folks who just wake up one morning and call there friend and say "Hey lets go duck huntin"

Yea Yea,, I know yall gona say we were all new at one time but we didn't get out the polaroid and document questionable activity then go get the pictures developed and take em straight to the local newspaper for them to print a blow by blow takedown on the front page for the law to use to incarcerate our little butts....... :deadhorse::deadhorse:

rnelson5

ALL the time. by these same folks who just wake up one morning and call there friend and say "Hey lets go duck huntin"

Yea Yea,, I know yall gona say we were all new at one time but we didn't get out the polaroid and document questionable activity then go get the pictures developed and take em straight to the local newspaper for them to print a blow by blow takedown on the front page for the law to use to incarcerate our little butts....... :deadhorse::deadhorse:

:bounce: Boy you are on a roll today!! You must not be west this weekend.....

Gaducker

Na, just sittin in ga killin a limit of cranes.......

Gaducker

Yea, i was on a roll and a little worked up. Ive calmed down.

MudDucker

Staff member

This is what I was thinking. We can't hunt sandhills in Georgia because they are afraid we might mistake a whooping crane for a sandhill.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Sounds like the guys that shot a bunch of Tundra Swans in VA saying they were snow geese. Where is Darwin when you need him?

MudDucker

Staff member
How do you cook a swan????;)

Ask the boys that hunt the Sound in N. Carolina. They are legal and taken there. I need to check that one off of my bucket list before it is outlawed.

Lightnrod

Hunted Sand Hill Cranes during the week of Thanksgiving this year while in Oklahoma. Guide friend invited a couple of us to bring our kids for a free buddy hunt. A SHC hunt came up in Kansas and we said we would like to try. During the three hour drive up at 2:30 in the morning, had to buy licences, and take a mandatory SHC and Whooping crane ID test on the old smart phone. Distinctly remember one of the answers was that it was finable up to 100,000 dollars for killing a Whooping crane. When we got to Kansas the guys we hunted with said there were about five WC that were feeding with the SHC and if they came in we weren't shooting anything. By the way, fat fingers and tests don't mix with smart phones in a moving vehicle.