and the idiot of the day award goes to.....

Rulo

Notice the picture in the article……. from Facebook. I don't know if it is a generational thing or what, but these young guys can't wait to get on Facebook, or ducks.org, or a forum an tell everybody what, where, what type, and how many birds they have been killing. When I was late teens and early twenties, I and the guys I hunted with did every thing we could to make people think we weren't killing ducks, especially if we were killing them on public land. We picked up every shell and made sure to tear down any blind we had built and hide it in the woods. If we were hunting an area of a lake that had a muddy bank, we would even carry a rake in the boat, so we could rake down all the boot tracks and activity we made, to make it difficult for people who just rode by to tell we had hunted there. My dad didn't hunt, but I remember lying to him if he asked if me if we had any luck, because I knew he had a buddy that duck hunted. I didn't want that guy to ask if I had been hunting, and have my dad reveal that we had been killing birds. I knew that was more competition, because I knew they guy had a decent idea of where I would be hunting. A lesson for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, the best thing you can do for yourself if you finds public birds is keep your mouth shut.

Common sense to most of us but to some on here.......whether its ducks, bears, deer or stripers....and with this website as a platform..........they routinely "spill the beans" to show what "great" hunters they are........