Anole display

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Cool little guy, he was stylin' and profilin'. He was too spooky to get close enough to get a good sharp shot without a long lens (these are crops from bigger pics,) but still pretty interesting.

Attachments

• anole.jpg
    anole.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 217
  • anole2.jpg
    anole2.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 218

walkinboss01

We have them all over the outside of my house. My son and I catch them all the time, but the wife is not a fan. lol

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We don't have any up here in the mountains, but my place on the SC/GA line is covered with them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Cool little critters. They make great earrings.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Anvil Head

Great pic. Had an old male that resided on my front porch. He greeted me quite often with the "challenge". Got started when I picked him up and scolded him for eating all my new hatch mantises - lunch right out of the bag for him. Run full tilt down the railing to face me. I could set my hand on the rail and raise my pinky up and down a few times and he'd attack. Grab and twist and shake until he "subdued" the intruding digit. Quite a game, got to be a thing for us to duel it out.
Dadgum neighbor's cat finally got him. Guy wouldn't keep him up - "Oh, He's an outdoor free range cat". Well we adopted Rex - 50#'s of high speed "I like to chase eat anything with hair and a tail". Guess what.....few chunks of hair some serious shaking and bruising and that cat is now an "indoor cat". Case closed.
Miss my old lizard though.

GAJoe

Nice capture!

wvdawg

Staff member
Must be warming up! Colorful little guys! Good capture!