Another Good Day on Lanier w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I got back out this morning thinking that they may be chewing with this approaching cold front. I was right and they were chewing. I took advantage of the cloud cover and hit the main lake humps and points with the pearl swimbait. These bass and stripers hang out around the points and humps in the wind just waiting for bluebacks to get blown over them. Here's 5 nice fish from today out on the main lake. I also caught a gaggle of stripers, mostly small though. The last pic was a blueback one of the bass harked up and my worn out swimbait.
20191108152935(1).jpg20191108160817(1).jpg20191108160817(2).jpgblueback.jpg

LittleDrummerBoy

Seems like everyone in Flat Creek and Balus Creek was catching fish today. No one seemed to be killing it like you. But putting fish in the boat. Beautiful fall day also. Very friendly crowd too, chatting each time we passed each other.
Tracker Guys Catching Fish.JPG

RamblinWreck

I can say with authority that the crappie were chewing today as well. (y)

Kdog

Great day!!!

I really wanted to go, but the woods were calling me. Ended up with a different kind of pig, but would have rather had the pigs you caught.

Scout'nStripers

Great day!!!

I really wanted to go, but the woods were calling me. Ended up with a different kind of pig, but would have rather had the pigs you caught.
It was pretty tough for me all morning. I had plenty of smaller fish early but the bite didn't really kick in till about noon. I had 2 keeper fish for the morning and pulled up to an area about noon and went back to back five times. Moved to the next area and smoked them there. I kinda figured out the pattern and every stop netted fish after that. That pearl swimbait is a lock with overcast skies and a little bit of wind mixed in. I'm not going to fish again till a tourney on Sunday. Kinda wondering where the weather change will put the fish.

Kdog

Best of luck tomorrow! Have a few more days in the woods, then will be hitting the water after this deep freeze that is coming.

Prouty1343

Hate to ask, but what was working today? I went out twice last week and was skunked. Threw everything from moving baits to paddle tails to drop shot and nada. Going tomorrow for a bit and want to tug on a few fish. Don’t wa t your spots by any means

Scout'nStripers

Hate to ask, but what was working today? I went out twice last week and was skunked. Threw everything from moving baits to paddle tails to drop shot and nada. Going tomorrow for a bit and want to tug on a few fish. Don’t wa t your spots by any means
Shaky head accounted for all of our fish today. We found a lot of fish glued to the bottom.

Scout'nStripers

Congrats on a solid bag!
I fished out of a buddies new 21' Ranger in the tournament yesterday and he had a 10" Humminbird Helix with a Garmin Panoptics unit stacked on top of it in the front. That duo was deadly for us yesterday. The Humminbird mapping put us at the right distance from the brushpiles and the Panoptics revealed the fish swimming deep in the brush and crawling around the bottom. There were a lot of fish very tight to the brush or just glued to the bottom. You could see them swimming inside the brushpiles and target them but the ones stuck to the bottom were harder to spot but every once in a while you would see one or two pop up and go back down on the Panoptics. It was just a matter of making the right cast. We caught a quick limit of 8lbs off of one little ledge very early and culled the rest of the day. We probably caught 20+ fish and culled 5-6 times.

RamblinWreck

Order one yet? ;)

I love my Panoptix LS. If it fell off the boat, I would order another immediately.

Burton

I love my Panoptix LS. If it fell off the boat, I would order another immediately.

Mine almost did on Friday. I was running about 45 mph into the wind and it just blew it out of the cradle and rolled onto the deck. That's a bit concerning. It wasn't like it was loosely in the cradle as I had just used it before running down the lake.

But I do love it. Makes a world of difference in identifying ledges/drops/ditches brush, bait, and fish away from the boat

Scout'nStripers

I wish it was in my budget, that Panoptics will spoil you. I went back out today just to make sure I could still catch fish without it. I still got it. Here's some creek fish from an afternoon trip in the creek.20191112162028(1).jpg20191112162028(3).jpg20191112165210(1).jpg20191112162028(4).jpg