Another hurricane in the Gulf

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The gift that keeps on giving.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Predictions are it will give to Louisiana again.
And the GFS and HWRF models show the remnants coming right over top of me after it hits land along the LA/MS line.

Bigbendgyrene

Living just east of Tallahassee, feel crazy lucky we've dodged as many bullets as we have this year... but still have lost enough sleep tracking them this year that I feel comfortable sharing that THIS PERFECTLY sums up the thinking of everyone from the east border of Texas to the Big Bend area of Florida...

Hurricane-ing.jpg

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
And another one next week.

Eta!

Jeeesh.

fairweather

Insanity. The last one was still a tropical storm when it passed over the north GA foothills. I was without power for 4 days. I have a generator for snow and ice storms. I never expected to use it for a tropical storm. 58 gallons of gas over 4 days, but I sure was glad to have it! I'm not complaining. I can't imagine being in Louisiana.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Insanity. The last one was still a tropical storm when it passed over the north GA foothills. I was without power for 4 days. I have a generator for snow and ice storms. I never expected to use it for a tropical storm. 58 gallons of gas over 4 days, but I sure was glad to have it! I'm not complaining. I can't imagine being in Louisiana.

It's a ways out, just giving everyone a heads up to the potential.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Hurry canes are just one of the many reasons I don't live at the coast. I Was in Savannah for David back in the late 70s. Went outside in the eye to see blue skies above then watched as the winds reversed as

bassboy1

Amusingly enough, I was talking with a couple people in Baldwin and Mobile county Al the day after that one came through, and I was sitting here with no power, no internet, trees down, powerlines laying on the ground, and things were business as usual down there.