Another post about deer sightings. DNR and Biologist help needed.

Chuck C

Between Friday, 11/12 and Sunday 11/21, I hunted approximately 76 hrs. I have been in trenches all year and I'm at a loss...

11/18,19,20 and 21 I saw quite a bit of rutting behavior but by small bucks. 11/19 was ridiculous, I saw the same two bucks chase does past me for 5 hours.

C

CARVER

no deer yet

I see a lot of deer at night, think i will try a few mid day hunts, see if they are adapting to the hunter patterns.
Who knows, it could happen ::huh:

mockingbird

I'm seeing more and a lot bigger deer tracks on my land in SW GA. But after 12 hunts or so I've only spotted small deer of both sexes. Its Thanksgiving eve and I reckon we've only had 3 nights with temps below 50. Add that to all the rain we've had-- and I think the larger animals are only coming out at night when they won't fall over from heat exhaustion! And they really don't have to go much futher than 50 feet to get all the variety of good things to eat that they want... I have not seen the scapes yet that I saw last year at this time. Around this time last year they were every 100 feet or so around our property-- this year I've seen one. I think the rut will happen down here when it finally cools off-- so get all your paperwork done and get ready for a great Christmas- New year's hunt!

BowArrow

Except for three days when I saw 8,6 and 5 deer my sightings have been zero. I did manage to arrow two eights pointers on the opening and fourth day of gun season. I am retired and hunt three to four times a week. Two years ago I saw deer twenty-two times in a row hunting the same stands I am hunting this year. I believe the open season on does is taking a toll on the population. Every deer hunter I talk to has similar stories. I meet a dog hunter less than an hour ago and he said he had seen one deer this year. His club in Screven Co. had killed only ten deer this season. The purpose of the liberal season and limits is to reduce the herd and I think the herd has been reduced.

Opening day of gun season I heard about half of the shots that I normally hear in Candler Co. Last Sat. I heard one shot. This morning I heard one shot. I talked to a member of the club next to my hunting land and he said they are not seeing the deer this year.

If you put out corn or have lush food plots, you might be seeing some deer although I hear food plots are not being hit like you would expect.