Another sad case

WaltL1

I agree with both!! Can’t understand it and could in no way support it. The only positive thought, or I guess a question, does this represent the entire Catholic Church or just some bad apples? I listened to a morning talk show earlier and it seems that back in the 80’s the church recognized this issue and started “treatments” for the bad apples. Not very familiar with the Church and how it’s laid out in territories, districts, etc.
For me, the "few bad apples" defense only goes so far. Not every KKK member participated in a lynching, not every Muslim wants to kill Christians, very few Christians carry "death to our servicemen" signs......
But they ALL have a choice whether to support (literally) organizations that cover up/cover for those that do.
Why would the Church cover up/cover for these predator priests?
Cash flow, power and influence come to my mind.
As far as "treatments", it wasn't the priests that needed treatments, if the Church actually cared it would have been the victims who got treatments and the priests would have gone to jail.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I agree with both!! Can’t understand it and could in no way support it. The only positive thought, or I guess a question, does this represent the entire Catholic Church or just some bad apples? I listened to a morning talk show earlier and it seems that back in the 80’s the church recognized this issue and started “treatments” for the bad apples. Not very familiar with the Church and how it’s laid out in territories, districts, etc.
Well, the Diocese would remove the priest from one school/parish and place them in another. Not only were there over 300 of them but they were given new territory with fresh opportunities to make victims. And that is just in one state.

I take it to the highest level that is supposedly beyond the Church and the Pope and ask any and all religious people how the same god for everyone could have allowed this to happen at all?

These are the things that I have such a problem with. I absolutely cannot justify worshiping something that would allow such sick and twisted things to happen to children and ESPECIALLY by representatives of that same god. How anyone can/could make such an excuse for a god to do nothing about it but then claim the same god intervened in a medical case, car accident, lottery scratch off or job hiring are just as twisted as the sicko priests in my opinion.
Remember those preists said and taught the same things about God each sunday that we all hear/heard in church. Do you think they honestly believe the bull snort they are/were selling in order to still do what they did?

ky55

Well, the Diocese would remove the priest from one school/parish and place them in another. Not only were there over 300 of them but they were given new territory with fresh opportunities to make victims. And that is just in one state.

I take it to the highest level that is supposedly beyond the Church and the Pope and ask any and all religious people how the same god for everyone could have allowed this to happen at all?

These are the things that I have such a problem with. I absolutely cannot justify worshiping something that would allow such sick and twisted things to happen to children and ESPECIALLY by representatives of that same god. How anyone can/could make such an excuse for a god to do nothing about it but then claim the same god intervened in a medical case, car accident, lottery scratch off or job hiring are just as twisted as the sicko priests in my opinion.
Remember those preists said and taught the same things about God each sunday that we all hear/heard in church. Do you think they honestly believe the bull snort they are/were selling in order to still do what they did?

It’s all in God’s plan.
We aren’t meant to understand it.

facepalm:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It’s all in God’s plan.

facepalm:
Yeah.

I tend to think that a god would know our knowlege capabilities and things are understood as intended.

smokey30725

As a Christian, I can say without hesitation that every single priest, bishop, etc. that was a part of the act or the cover up should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I don't care if they wear fancy robes, a white collar, or just worked in an office. If the pope himself knows about it, he should pay the price as well. There's no excuse for the weakest among us to be victimized by those professing to be doing the Lord's work. It's disgusting and I'm all for blowing the lid off the whole thing and exposing the corruption at every single level of the church. I'd love to see every single one of these perverts have to do the perp walk in handcuffs and leg irons while every journalist in America watches on. Then, the Vatican can start turning loose of some of their holdings to pay for all the civil suits that come. It's hard to emphasize the love of God when evil men are doing terrible things within the walls of the church. Christians have got to call this stuff what it is and refuse for it to be buried any longer.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
For me, the "few bad apples" defense only goes so far. Not every KKK member participated in a lynching, not every Muslim wants to kill Christians, very few Christians carry "death to our servicemen" signs......
But they ALL have a choice whether to support (literally) organizations that cover up/cover for those that do.
As far as "treatments", it wasn't the priests that needed treatments, if the Church actually cared it would have been the victims who got treatments and the priests would have gone to jail.
Yea I didn’t quite catch it all because I was driving but it seems that they were interviewing one of the church leaders and that was the leaders response, he thought it was absurd that a priest could return back in his position after completing treatment. Keep in mind that I didn’t get it all as it was getting static for the area I was in.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

While I certainly don’t disagree with your logic, man was given free will. We were never designed to be robots. I’ve seen others outside of the Catholic Church abuse the pulpit too. I don’t think for a minute that they believe what they’re teaching, I think they know that they’re abusing their position for their own personal desires and gain.

A lot of industry management will do the same, just means some people are that sick and twisted.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
It’s all in God’s plan.

facepalm:
Wrong. I know you’re mostly being sarcastic because that’s the reply people use as a crutch when no other answer is available, but only a fool would honestly believe that.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Wrong. I know you’re mostly being sarcastic because that’s the reply people use as a crutch when no other answer is available, but only a fool would honestly believe that.
Well what in your opinion would be or even could be the excuse/explanation that someone could give who truly believes that god steps in and intervenes in humans lives for things like car accidents, disease cures and such but the same god does not do anything about children getting molested and especially children who are molested by men of god?
Why would one garner more attention from a god than the other?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
While I certainly don’t disagree with your logic, man was given free will. We were never designed to be robots. I’ve seen others outside of the Catholic Church abuse the pulpit too. I don’t think for a minute that they believe what they’re teaching, I think they know that they’re abusing their position for their own personal desires and gain.

A lot of industry management will do the same, just means some people are that sick and twisted.
I honestly think the vast majority of clergy in any form do not fully believe what they are teaching. Sadly they are salesman.

WaltL1

Yea I didn’t quite catch it all because I was driving but it seems that they were interviewing one of the church leaders and that was the leaders response, he thought it was absurd that a priest could return back in his position after completing treatment. Keep in mind that I didn’t get it all as it was getting static for the area I was in.
Yeah this is a touchy subject for me. I was Catholic for most of my life and all of my family still is. I see the turmoil, embarassment and shame this particular subject causes them particularly my mother.
Walking away from the Church is just not an option for them so they are really caught between a rock and a hard place.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Yeah this is a touchy subject for me. I was Catholic for most of my life and all of my family still is. I see the turmoil, embarassment and shame this particular subject causes them particularly my mother.
Walking away from the Church is just not an option for them so they are really caught between a rock and a hard place.
Yes, it's really tough, I pray that God will provide comfort and guidance. ::;

red neck richie

They will go to jail. Last I heard pedophiles dont make out too well in prison. Or Heaven for that matter.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Well what in your opinion would be or even could be the excuse/explanation that someone could give who truly believes that god steps in and intervenes in humans lives for things like car accidents, disease cures and such but the same god does not do anything about children getting molested and especially children who are molested by men of god?
Why would one garner more attention from a god than the other?
I don't really have an opinion, I have to lean on scripture.

I wouldn't call them men of god or God.

James 1: 13 - 15

1 Peter 5:8

Matthew 5:45

Why do bad things happen to innocent people? I only know this, I pray daily for the protection of my kids and family. James 5:16

I readily admit I don't have all the answers, and I do have some questions myself. But I get more benefit and am better off in every measure from my faith and staying in it than I was when I stepped away from it long enough explore.

red neck richie

Why do bad things happen to innocent people? I only know this, I pray daily for the protection of my kids and family. James 5:16

I readily admit I don't have all the answers, and I do have some questions myself. But I get more benefit and am better off in every measure from my faith and staying in it than I was when I stepped away from it long enough explore.
Matthew 18:6

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

So what does prayer actually do?
Do you think that maybe, possibly, some of the victims prayed for it to stop while in the act?
Why wouldn't that prayer be answered?

What does the promise to be taken care of later do for the poor kids during and after ?

I mean why not stop it before it happens, especially if god steps in for so many other things?

red neck richie

Oh so, God won't prevent it from happening but he will make sure the offenders pay later. No worries about the victims living with it.
Free will my Brother. Free will. There is no excuse for what they did. I am pretty angry about it. I never claimed to know why these things happen. I only claim to know the punishment according to the word. I feel for the victims and there families. I will admit I dont get the whole Catholic cover up. I am non denominational. As I have mentioned before denominations are for men to argue over.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Free will my Brother. Free will. There is no excuse for what they did. I am pretty angry about it. I never claimed to know why these things happen. I only claim to know the punishment according to the word. I feel for the victims and there families. I will admit I dont get the whole Catholic cover up. I am non denominational. As I have mentioned before denominations are for men to argue over.
Free Will?
But many say that god is involved and interacts and actually changes the outcome in peoples lives.
You may have told a story where he changed the outcome for you or a loved one right?
Who's free will was god acknowledging, the pedo preists or the children's?

Does not god know what will happen?
Why would he prevent evil for some and not others.

I think free will is an excuse that contradicts things some believers say is true or happens.

red neck richie

Free Will?
But many say that god is involved and interacts and actually changes the outcome in peoples lives.
You may have told a story where he changed the outcome for you or a loved one right?
Who's free will was god acknowledging, the pedo preists or the children's?

Does not god know what will happen?
Why would he prevent evil for some and not others.

I think free will is an excuse that contradicts things some believers say is true or happens.
I have thought those same thoughts. Why do these things happen? It is natural to wonder why? It seems unfair. I dont have all the answers you are looking for. But I have felt his presence. You are free to believe whatever you choose based on your experiences and research and I am free to do the same. You came up with a different conclusion than I did. I like to try and understand why people think what they think and how they came to think that. Peace be with you.