Anthony Ellis Trumpets

Just wondering what the experienced trumpet players think of the sound of Anthonys trumpets. Please no bashing,just interested. I mostly hunt with Frank Cox or Herb Hornstra Trumpets.

six

I have limited experience with different makers but have an acrylic from Anthony. It has a slightly deeper pitch than some others I've ran. It's not the deepest I've played by any means, but on the lower end of the spectrum of the ones I have experience with. Still all turkey, and it's easy to manipulate to get a higher pitch if desired. It's easier for me to take a lower pitch call higher than visa-versa. I hunted it last year and won't hesitate using it in the future.

ol bob

If you would like to try one stop by the shop I'm sure I have one .Bob

May do it Bob when I get healed. I dropped my Harley on my foot 6 months ago.Ive had 11surgerys. Im almost back on my feet.I hope I never have to go Augusta again.Burn Center is great but Ive had my fill.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Anthony makes great trumpets! I think they are easy to run and I also like his Jordan style. I can't really make a comparison with my Cox or Hornstras because both of those makers have different mp designs and Anthony's are more traditional. I hunt with a Brazilian ebony mostly but just received another Jordan in Bethlehem olivewood with mammoth ivory mp. I have three of his horns, two of his crow calls, a box call, and even a deer grunter. I'll try to get pics of them all together.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Top to bottom:
Walnut poplar handled short box
Aluminum engraved trumpet case
Brazilian ebony crowpedo
Brazilian ebony T6 with jetphen mp
Holy Land olivewood with mammoth ivory mp
African Blackwood with buffalo horn mp
Snakewood crowpedo
Bocote deer grunter20190119_100207~2-2290x1754.jpg

six

My acrylic from Anthony. I have a short attention span but looking at it helps keep me entertained while sitting for extended periods of time.
25304758427_b545681099_z.jpg

39465116044_be79f59e00.jpg

Timber1

BANNED
I have a few of Anthony's trumpets, and I know they are quality, good sounding calls in the right hands. It's just that I suck with trumpets. I think it's because I'm left handed and his must be right handed trumpets. lol. I bought a little scratch box at Unicoi from him that sounds really good. And he has stretched me some mouth calls to order that were good. Mostly I buy his stuff so he will take me hunting with him. ;)
I would post a pic of it but too many of y'all might want one and make it depreciate.