Antler handle sharpfinger

Wanted an American made sharpfinger to replace one I had broken years ago. Picked up this from a bargin bin at an antique store yesterday. It was produced by Camillus with parts from old timer after they closed domestically. The antler is from an eight point I harvested almost 15 years ago. I hope to make a lot more memories with this knife. It's my first attempt at rehandling a knife or working with antler. Thanks for looking.19253.jpeg19231.jpeg19243.jpeg19244.jpeg

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Looks good and done while wearing Crocks; a man after my own heart.

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice job!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Well done.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Really nice work.

Horns

Nice. One of my favorite Blade designs is the Sharpfinger. I am really thinking about getting a custom one made

Bkeepr

Very nice! I've had one of those since the early 80's and never knew they were called "sharpfinger"s. Good to know. Mine is an Old Timer

My father was and still is my hero. When I was a boy he said "a sharpfinger is about as good a hunting knife as has ever been made". He probably only said it in passing, but it stuck with me. It's a good design and it still means something to me that he would approve.

onedude

I remember Old Timer's advertisement for the Sharp Finger was "for small elephants and large squirrels"

F.A.R.R.

Nicely done. That's a neat project.

I agree as an all round field dressing and skinning knife for deer the Sharp Finger is hard to beat !

ky55

Mighty fine job!