Anxiety....

baddave

i don't know if it's deer season or just cooler weather . i am terribly anxious to kill a hog.. i'm chumming them up w/ soured corn now and have been for a while .. my first hog is going to be about $500 lb.:)

krizia829

I'm always ready for deer season to start but I occupy myself with pigs, predators, and trail cameras in the off season and I really enjoy those things too.
I wish we can do that where I live! Down here in south FL, our hogs don't taste quite as good as those GA piggies! We only do quota hunts down here. With this heat, I don't know how people make it out of those woods alive! We leave the good hunting for GA lol it just sucks that we can't go up as often as we'd like.. Til we move there at least!

rutnbuk

This summer is flying by to me so that helps, early scouting looks like tons of soft mast and water oaks loaded up. However- if November is the best month of the year- August has to be the WORST. That month always drags for me - would prefer we do away with it and just have July with 60 days in it- lol.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I'm always ready for deer season to start but I occupy myself with pigs, predators, and trail cameras in the off season and I really enjoy those things too.

Mine is usually occupied in the back yard shooting the bow with a cold adult beverage, but as hot, wet and muggy as it's been this year the mosquitoes and gnats and biting flies have been too bad to be out there. I guess I could dress in long sleeves and jeans and a head net but I would then be complaining about that too

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Mine is usually occupied in the back yard shooting the bow with a cold adult beverage, but as hot, wet and muggy as it's been this year the mosquitoes and gnats and biting flies have been too bad to be out there. I guess I could dress in long sleeves and jeans and a head net but I would then be complaining about that too

The long sleeves should justify additional adult beverages. But then I figure you may justify adding additional adult beverages on all days that end in “y”:biggrin2:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I'm fixing to start but I can't shoot at home (city ordinance :rolleyes:) so I have to shoot at work after everybody leaves for the day. Of course that's the hottest part of the day, not to mention the sun has been cooking the parking lot all day. I plead insanity yo honna man. I'm just crazy about this stuff!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I've got a few things I want to get ready for the season, but I can't deal with this heat and humidity, its gonna have to cool off some , I'd just as soon jump ahead to the 1st of Sept,,,,

Better do it now. Think about August when it's going to be hot as blue blazes and dry as the Mojave desert. :bounce:

Gator89

I wish we can do that where I live! Down here in south FL, our hogs don't taste quite as good as those GA piggies! We only do quota hunts down here. With this heat, I don't know how people make it out of those woods alive! We leave the good hunting for GA lol it just sucks that we can't go up as often as we'd like.. Til we move there at least!

Pythons, hunt them pythons to keep your skillz sharp!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think I can deal with hot and dry better than I can this sauna we've got right now ,,:(

Whichever punishment you choose you will wish you chose the other one. :bounce:

Mark K

Banned
I’m in the woods every single day. Went after work and ran my evening line, tripped a few traps I won’t be able to get to with the forecasted 3-5”, filled feeders, pulled cards, moved a camera, checked a couple other trails to put cameras on, and then came on to the house. Every day it looks like I went swimming with my clothes on, lol.
Since I started trapping there are no off days. I’ll pull at the end of August and then hunting season starts.
My sleeping in consists of sleeping until 0630 on the weekends...or 5 minutes before sunrise (afraid to miss one even if it’s just standing in my skivvies on my back porch)
The older I get the more time flys. It’ll be here and over before you know it.