Anxiety....

buckpasser

It would be more fun if my hunting buddies were still fired up like we all were ten years ago. Most of them, like me are busy raising kids, etc. so I hate to be the weirdo to bring up deer hunting this time of year.

Since I started hunting only for fun (with meat and antlers as a great byproduct) I feel like I’m as excited as ever awaiting deer season. Here’s some things that I changed though:

Basically no summer archery practice (I shoot just as good with a minimal tune up).

No trail camera use. I don’t really want to know what’s out there and I’m happy to leave my woods as a sanctuary until game time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get too wound up, because I enjoy doing a lot of different things in the outdoors. I love to deer hunt, but there are plenty of other things I enjoy just as much. I try to enjoy each season as it comes, and take advantage of what it offers.

Spring is crappie and catfish and turkeys and morels and trout. Summer is trout fishing back in the mountains, hiking for mushrooms, camping, and just enjoying the warm weather. Fall is hunting and chasing brown trout on their spawning run, and just a magical time to be in the woods. Winter is small game hunting and walking around in the snow. The only time of year that gets tedious for me is late winter, after most hunting seasons have closed, but before the fish will bite, and it rarely gets above freezing. Those couple months seem to last forever, while the rest of the year flies by.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
The only time of year that gets tedious for me is late winter, after most hunting seasons have closed, but before the fish will bite, and it rarely gets above freezing. Those couple months seem to last forever, while the rest of the year flies by.

As much as I love fishing mountain streams and hiking and camping...I absolutely LOVE late winter, dead of winter, and would give up every day of summertime for one more month of february :D

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I’m blunting the pain by killing as many fish as possible. Heading out in about another hour for the Port, gonna spend tomorrow and Sunday catching our limit of one whole red snapper per person.

1...crazy 1 whole red snapper

Mark K

Banned
I don't get too wound up, because I enjoy doing a lot of different things in the outdoors. I love to deer hunt, but there are plenty of other things I enjoy just as much. I try to enjoy each season as it comes, and take advantage of what it offers.

Spring is crappie and catfish and turkeys and morels and trout. Summer is trout fishing back in the mountains, hiking for mushrooms, camping, and just enjoying the warm weather. Fall is hunting and chasing brown trout on their spawning run, and just a magical time to be in the woods. Winter is small game hunting and walking around in the snow. The only time of year that gets tedious for me is late winter, after most hunting seasons have closed, but before the fish will bite, and it rarely gets above freezing. Those couple months seem to last forever, while the rest of the year flies by.
Late Winter=Trapping time!! The critters be real hungry by then!