Any cheap place to stay around Cusseta or Buena Vista?

ufg8r93

I can't seem to find anything that's not in Columbus or the one hotel in Richland. I just need somewhere to shower and sleep. A kitchen of some sort would be helpful, but I got a camp stove...

Hotel, motel, B&B, campground, anything...

Thanks.

fasn8nmom

There is a campground in Buena Vista just outside of town. We stayed there for 2 years when hunting Marion Co.
They have full hook ups power, water, and sewer, shower house, ice machine, and propane.
They also have a place to skin out and clean your deer (very nice).
The name of the campground is Country Acres. The guy that owns the place is Gary and he is one heck of a nice guy.
When you come into Buena Vista on Hwy 26 turn right at the red light pass the Dollar Gen. and the Liquor store, he will be about 3-4 miles on the right past the dumpsters.
He will also allow you to leave your camper, etc set up if you don't want to have to pull it home each weekend.

ufg8r93

Buena Vista Campground

Thx for the info. I'll check it out.

I don't suppose there is a decent deer processor around too?

fasn8nmom

We always cut up our own meat since I owned a meat processing plant...that was helpful.
There is a processor-cooler in Geneva. We did hang a couple of deer there. The last time we went though I told my hubby we would NOT go back. It was late season and the place just was not clean.
We have tried for a good couple of years to talk Gary the owner at the camp ground into putting one in.

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
I hope Mom found you a place to stay , But MAN you gotta go try a Ranger burger , Bar none the best burger joint I've ever eaten in :flag:

SWAMPFOX

Providence Canyon State Park

Don't know if that is close to you or not but I think it may be near Richland, or north of there. My sister said it is a super nice place.

fasn8nmom

DBone
Gotta agree with you on the Ranger Burger, they are GOOOOD.
Another decent, cheap place to eat in Buena Vista is the pizza joint on the square; can't get a cold beer after a long days hunt but the pizza is good!