any deacons around

7 point

I'm a southern Baptist deacon and was curious if there's any other deacons on here.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
No sir, I'm not a Deacon. I'm a musician in my church & involved in security, but no Deacon.

LittleDrummerBoy

Worship leader, Bible study leader, substitute preacher.

7 point

I'm 5 years active .it's been very heart tugging at times but yes very rewarding too

7 point

How often do you contact your family's

7 point

How often do you contact your family's

1988USMC

We try to visit each family on our list at least one time a year, much more if health or other issues are causing them problems. We also send out letters yearly with our contact info in case they need us at odd hours. We have a deacon team on call each week as well. New members and visitors get phone calls and visits from a deacon team as well. Getting ready to roll off of active for a year or two. I think taking time off is a very good policy to set up, helps to prevent burnout. Often pray asking what else we need to do to reach out to our assigned families and of course the lost around us.
I often times find myself feeling inadequate and unworthy of the position.

7 point

I visit mine a few times a year .I have a couple of elderly couples who are in bad health I visit them more and make a couple calls a month to see how things are with them .