Any Freedom Arms owners here?

I have been drooling at the model 97. Sometimes you just want the best. How do they compare to a blackhawk? Tell me about yours. Would you buy another? I may make it a 50th birthday present to myself. Talk me into it.

Dub

Fellow drooler, here.

That octagonal barrel version is sweet looking.

They are mighty nice....super high quality that will never have you second guessing.

I’ve often thought a mid-length barreled.454 Casull would be the ticket. Could shoot .45Colt if I wanted to drop down some in heat.

I simply don’t see how you’d could go wrong.

Gator89

There was a 44 special that sat on the Ruger Forum for close to a week at $1400 shipped. Thankfully some bought it before I had a week moment.

I grabbed the revolver above for roughly 1/2 MSRP of just the gun new. The extra cylinders are over $300 apiece.

I could add 460 Rowland, 45 Supermag, etc.

Gator89

The trigger pull dry firing is barely noticeable. The fit and finish is impeccable. The cylinders index perfectly to eject the empty cartridges.

Reactions: Dub
That is slick! Thanks for posting. They say you only cry once when you buy quality! I saw one on the used rack locally for $1500, but the guy handling it slapped the money down before I got a chance to fondle it.

Gator89

That is slick! Thanks for posting. They say you only cry once when you buy quality! I saw one on the used rack locally for $1500, but the guy handling it slapped the money down before I got a chance to fondle it.

The fellow i bought it from let me make three payments, April, May & June. I paid $1750 shipped plus $15 for the FFL.

Dub

Since you asked...I picked up a gently used FA Premier Grade 83 in 454 Casull, the package included extra cylinders in 45 Colt and 45 ACP. One heck of a 5 shooter. I have got to get to a range and shoot this thing soon.

View attachment 978651View attachment 978652

It’s like a work of art......only it’s an unparalleled performer.

Look at the cylinder fitment.

That’s one sexy beast !!!!

That's a steal! A FA 454 is an iconic wheel gun. I would put it above a Python or Anaconda on my wish list.

I completely agree!!!

Dub

@Bobby Linton @Dub : I know where a FA 83 22lr with a 10 inch barrel is for sale, $2350. Current price is north of $3k.

Sounds great.

I'm only $2349 shy of being able to jump on it. :rofl:

Still recovering from the ongoing reloading project in the works and a new 1911 that was a "must buy now" sorta thing. Gonna be a while before I add a gun...just buying primers, powder and things to launch.

Thanks for the alert, though !!!