Any Preterists in here?

hobbs27

sorry Rev 21 says only 12 Gates...

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Rev 22 says who can enter them

14 Blessed are they that DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Revelation 21 is referring to the 144,000..agree?

BANDERSNATCH

Revelation 21 is referring to the 144,000..agree?

Disagree.... Why would I think that? IMO, the only reason someone would think that, since it doesn't state it, is to cram the scripture into a prior belief. New Jerusalem is HUGE.....much more room than 144000 will need. My small hometown can handle that many ;) The qualifier to enter the city is to be someone that Satan hates: Having the testimony of Jesus and keeping the commandments of God. REv 12

BANDERSNATCH

You do agree that not every Christian (although most Christians believe they are) is "the bride of Christ'? Being a Christian that continues in willful sin does not a bride of Christ make... :)

hobbs27

Bandersnatch...the 144,000 number in my opinion is not literal, but representative of the remnant and elect. I've studied this extensively and the three groups are the very same. The elect= The remnant= The 144,000. And yes, they were all Israelites.

As for the Bride of Christ being Christian's, I agree we are not the Bride, we are the children of God. The bride is the kingdom.