Any reports on Blanton Creek dove shoot

Mac

We had Standing Boy Creek WMA youth hunt on Saturday and after scouting the field on Friday afternoon drove back home 100 miles and hunted a WMA close to home.
DNR reported a good field, but I sure did not see this.

We have Blanton Creek on 14th and DNR listed it as Fair, If it is not better than Standing Boy I don't want to waist the gas driving down. LOL

Anyone hunt Blanton on 7th?

Wood999

Myself and two others hunted. We only got three, and I believe the most birds taken on our field was 9. We hunted the field across the highway from the check station. It was slow, but steady.

tr21

We had Standing Boy Creek WMA youth hunt on Saturday and after scouting the field on Friday afternoon drove back home 100 miles and hunted a WMA close to home.
DNR reported a good field, but I sure did not see this.

We have Blanton Creek on 14th and DNR listed it as Fair, If it is not better than Standing Boy I don't want to waist the gas driving down. LOL

Anyone hunt Blanton on 7th?
I think the field at standing boy got ruined when the tornado hit.

I will scout Blanton Creek this week and try to get back with a report. My grandson drew both hunts at Standing Boy and we also drew the second Blanton Creek hunt but after the slow hunt at Standing Boy opening day not sure we will go back there.

Mac

Thanks for the reply's,

Looks like we will go back were we were Saturday,

If Tornado ruined Standing Boy Why did DNR still report it as GOOD Last week?

Stopped by Blanton Creek yesterday at 5:30 and saw 2 birds in 20 minutes on the check station field, walked across the highway to the other field and saw 1 bird there. Hope this helps.

Mac

GA STEVE

Thank you for the report, Looks like I will be saving my gas on Saturday.