Anybody ever had problems with PayPal?

crackerdave

I had an un-authorized withdrawal once,and I've been leery of it since.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
using it as a buyer no. I've heard a lot of horror stories as a seller though. The money for fees is automatically removed from your account and if there is a dispute you have to fight to get your money back. Also, if there is a dispute with a buyer they(paypal) usually decide on their own who is at fault without talking to you.
just my .02 , Robert

C

Capt Rick Hiott

O-Yeah,,,,,they messed me up big time. When you call to talk to some body, you cant understand what in the world they are saying!

uga_fan

Mostly smooth dealings with Paypal; however, I have had three bad deals with Paypal. I found Paypal to be no help at all. After the first experience, I skipped Paypal's "dispute resolution" and when straight to Amex. Amex solved the problems for me without any hassle.

gaowlpoop

If you use PayPal, have it backed up by a credit card, NOT a debit card or money in a PayPal account. Pay Pal will do nothing to help you, eBay either as far as that goes. Don't put money in if you can't afford to loose it.

Arrow3

We have never had a problem...

Handgunner

Yes!

I've used ebay and pay-pal once, and never again.

I created a Pay-Pal account, used my debit card, and the transaction was smooth.

Shortly after that, I received an email stating "someone has attempted to alter your account, blah blah blah... click here to verify your information".

Long story short, I was phished... I immediately deleted my info, debit card, and account.

Luckily, they didn't get any of my information, but it did scare me enough that now I'll only use a money order.

crackerdave

Yes!

I created a Pay-Pal account, used my debit card, and the transaction was smooth.

Shortly after that, I received an email stating "someone has attempted to alter your account, blah blah blah... click here to verify your information".

Long story short, I was phished... I immediately deleted my info, debit card, and account.

Luckily, they didn't get any of my information, but it did scare me enough that now I'll only use a money order.

That sounds like exactly what happened to me.I think you're right - money order is the way to go.Not really a problem for me,because I very rarely buy anything on eBay.

Thanks for the responses,y'all.:) Thanks also to whoever thought to put this part of the forum on - it's nice to get serious once in a while!:bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Common Sense

I run a small E-Bay business on the side. Thousands of transactions with no issues.

Dont answer silly emails asking for info you wouldn't provide any other way.

I've used pay pal to send funds to folks as well as buy and sale. Handy, if you take due precautions.

They are very slow if you have issues, that's for sure.

I have a friend that has a pretty substantial internet business. He takes Paypal out of necessity, but has some real horror stories.

Not a lot of money involved, but enough to be aggravating.

For a casual seller, I don't see a lot of benefit.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yes!

This was most likely not Pay Pal I get those all the time and they start off something like Dear Valued Customer. When Pay Pal sends you an email it WILL have your name on it. If it doesn't have your name on it spam it.

davidhelmly

I run all of my trail camera transactions through Paypal, probably several thousand and have never had a problem. It sure makes me cry every year when I do taxes and see how much I have paid them in fees! :banginghe

crackerdave

The one time I had a problem,I told them I wanted to close my account and never wanted to hear from them again.That was a year or so ago,and the account's still not closed and they still send me occasional emails.:banginghe:mad:

jason4445

Recently I attempted to start up an account with them using a credit card and they kept asking for my checking account number to verify. They said they were going to make a small deposit and then withdraw it to prove I was who I said I was. This was on their website and not later through the usual phishing emails you get. I do not mind doing the credit card thing, but I am not going to give my checking account number out. So I just send and require post office money orders and forget about paypal. The money order thing is a hassle and slows transactions down about a week, but once you have one you know you have the money and the same about sending - you have proof you sent the money and a fairly good chance or recovering it if it does not arrive.

But also I am an occasional buyer and seller. If I did many transactions a week probably would have to go with it.

JWarren

No problems, but PayPal does not protect the buyer. If my purchase is more than $100.00. I will only use USPS money orders. Then, I have the Postal Inspection Service protecting my interest if any monkey business goes on.

Big Country

I have an Ebay Store and have been using Paypal since they started. It is the safest way to pay anyone on line and accept credit card payments. The only issue I have had with them is that if someone makes a claim it automatically puts a hold on the money involved in the transaction. And there is no Real person that works there I dont think. I have been put on hold with there automated answering service for over 30 mins. Just another way for Ebay to make money. :banginghe

BoxCallWillie

Never ever use a card on line

I will not ever use a card on line ...
If the person will not except my check, then I get
a money order.. No big deal.
None of them are fool proof "Repeat None of them"
I dont care how safe people say they are.
It just takes 1 time of and your bank account can be cleaned and polished dry

I have had friends get whacked big time in the wallet
id rather be safe then sorry "ANY TIME" All the time !!!

crackerdave

Yeah,they say "secure this,secure that," but when you get right down to it,NOTHING'S secure about a computer.

W4DSB

I will not ever use a card on line ...
If the person will not except my check, then I get
a money order.. No big deal.

thats the LAST thing i would DO ,,,,send my check to a stranger , talk about giving out your information