Anybody tried loading Fury bullets?

GAHUNTER60

Particularly interested in their .358, 220-grain bullet as a replacement for the now discontinued Speer Hot-Cor in the same weight and caliber.

Gav-n-Tn

Particularly interested in their .358, 220-grain bullet as a replacement for the now discontinued Speer Hot-Cor in the same weight and caliber.
I called Fury and talked to them directly about this very same bullet. You should call them and ask them about your particular application. I wish I could remember the whole conversation. I was looking at them for 35 Rem and 356 Win.

GAHUNTER60

I called Fury and talked to them directly about this very same bullet. You should call them and ask them about your particular application. I wish I could remember the whole conversation. I was looking at them for 35 Rem and 356 Win.
Did you not try them? Did they say something that made you think they were not suitable for your application?

Something must have turned you off!

furtaker

I thought about ordering some to load for my 350 RM. I read that they're not as tough as the Speer.

GAHUNTER60

The good news is I've still got 50-plus of the 220-grain Speers. If the Fury bullets shoot to the same POI, then I can do all my practice shooting with them, and still have plenty of the Speers for the serious business of hunting.

Gav-n-Tn

Did you not try them? Did they say something that made you think they were not suitable for your application?

Something must have turned you off!
It seem like he said they perform best at or below 1500fps? I didn’t want to say that on my post because I was trying not to say anything I wasn’t 100% on. That’s why I said call Fury and talk to them directly. Matter of fact, report back in this thread and do a much better job of providing information than I just did.

Seminole Wind

I used Fury .358 180 gr FP in a 357 Maximum revolver to kill several deer. They are great bullets and Dennis will work with you to get a bullet to meet your needs.

Gav-n-Tn

I used Fury .358 180 gr FP in a 357 Maximum revolver to kill several deer. They are great bullets and Dennis will work with you to get a bullet to meet your needs.
I will add to that. I didn’t feel rushed at all when I spoke to him. Not at all. I never ruled out trying the Fury 220’s mentioned by the OP. My call was to gather information. I still have their page pulled up with the possibility of a follow up call. I’ve just been holding out hoping to stumble across a stash of Speer 220’s.