anybody watch Primos last night?

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I watched primos on the outdoor channel last night. One my worst nightmares came true for one of their guys. he shot a beutifull 170 class buck. when the deer ran off he broke off one of his main beams. :( Ive had nightmares about killing a huge buck, and when I grab a antler to drag the deer out the antler falls of in my hand! I wander if it can be scoed for B C record book if this happens?

Junebug

I saw it.

Nope...not a valid score for B&C if the antler is physically separated from the skull.
Nice buck though...either way.

'Bug

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Phil,

That would surely be a bummer as it is my understanding that the antlers must be attached to the head for entry into the B&C record books.

Phil,
I saw that too. Very disappointing that it happend, however getting it in the books wouldn't bother me too bad as I would still have my own pride in knowning that I had harvested an animal of that caliber. It was indeed an awesome buck!

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
yea I agree, good glue can work miracles!

Handgunner

Last year I was hunting and saw a nice 8 point come out into the food plot. He was feeding around and I just watched him through the scope. He was abotu 175-200 yards out.

His spread was out to his ears, decent mass, good beams, tine length, but I had already taken a nicer one, so I opted to just let him walk... and took a doe that later came out...

One week later, I was in the same food plot one evening and right at dark across the field I saw a deer walk into it... I put the scope on it, seen that it was a big doe, so I dropped her..

When I went to get "her", I found out that it was a buck that had shed his antlers!!! Both of them! That was on Dec. 19th. Why he shed so early, I have no idea, but by looking at him, and the empty antler sockets, more than likely he was the same deer I had let walk one week prior. :banginghe ::huh:

gadeerwoman

Book records don't mean a thing to me so I wouldn't care. Mistaking a antler-cast buck for a doe is one reason I dislike our season lasting so long. But as for whether or not it could be listed in B&C or P&Y, I wouldn't give a rat's banana.

Glenn

Is it really the end of the world if you don't get a deer scored ::huh:

The main thing is that a taxidermist can more than likely fix it and you still have a trophy to share with friends and family for the rest of your life.

Trophy books aren't everything so put your mind at ease and dream off killing that buck and having a taxidermist fixing your trophy :D