Anyone Been To The ATN Store In Lawrenceville?

Big7

The Oracle
I'm thinking about riding over there today jyst to look around, mostly just to get an idea what the different thermal tier levels cost.

I'm not really in the market but wouldn't mind having "something" for a 22 or something like that.

I don't see me shooting a Coyote at 600 yards in the dark but it would be nice to be 150 yard capable so if something like what happened in Pennsylvania the other day happened here...

I know that's a stretch and prolly just an excuse to buy another toy but I will try to exercise restraint. :bounce:

I imagine you could buy several very good rifle scopes for what the low end thermals cost.

weagle

Wait until spring when the Holosun Thermal is available. I've seen it a few times and it is amazing, and best of all the price point is going to be around $1200. It's basically a 507C with a small thermal unit attached that is unbelievable.

ETA. Back on topic. I'd like to go to that ATN store too.

Big7

The Oracle
Did not know they had a store. Is it near BP?
Not sure by the way the crow flys but it can't be far. Both are on Sugarloaf and it's only 6 or 7 miles long- that's just guessing.

Big7

The Oracle
Wait until spring when the Holosun Thermal is available. I've seen it a few times and it is amazing, and best of all the price point is going to be around $1200. It's basically a 507C with a small thermal unit attached that is unbelievable.

Is that a 507C Scope or Reflex?

Reason I'm asking is I just bought a 507C Reflex a few days ago and never heard of a thermal reflex?20230913_215445.jpg

HughW2

ATN store is 5900 Sugarloaf, down the hill from Bass. Adjacent to the Tru Hotel by Hilton.

Waddams

I have been there. I live about 10 mins from Sugarloaf Mills Mall. They'll let you step out and look through the scopes in the mall. It's pretty nifty. They also have a discount for buying in the store, and if you buy a lower end model, for some time frame if you decide to upgrade, they'll let you trade in the old ATN model and give you credit that goes to the next purchase if you're moving up a model tier.

I could clearly make out details like shirt logos, glasses, hats, etc. on people at ranges of 100+ yds down the mall hallway with whichever model I was checking out with 3x magnification. With the 6x, it was a bit blurry (lower resolution + more zoom = grainer screen image) but nothing that would throw a shot off.

If it weren't for a few other $$$ items recently, I'd likely have one riding on an AR rig for hogs and 'yotes and the club.

Big7

The Oracle
Inside the mall at Sugarloaf Mill.
Entrance #5 and take the first right.
Less than 100 yards on the right.

Big7

The Oracle
I PROLLY should have never went in there! facepalm:

They have a LOT of cool stuff and it's USA made in Miami. Dude told me they had to move headquarters from Cali because the cartels were taking the true night vision back across the border.

Anyway, a rough count looks like about 60 different products total.

They look to be very well made and have all kinds of excellent features.

They are closing out the Gen 4 at 20% off in favor of the newer Gen 5, some of which ain't even available yet. Guy even told me to hold off 2 weeks until he gets one in that meets better my requirements.

They have scopes with DAY/NIGHT VISION and THERMAL and also true military grade NIGHT VISION GOGGLES.

The prices range from 600$ @ 20% off on the Gen 4 on up to 4 grand on the new stuff and every price point in between.

And... They will definitely work with you on all of it, Gen 5 included.
20230915_140044.jpg20230915_140142.jpg20230915_140032.jpg

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
PS....

THE TOP END STUFF IS RATED FOR 1500 YARDS...
:hair:

Won't do me no good, I top out around a thousand. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Dang, you going to cost me money. That’s a gotta have toy.

bighonkinjeep

Cool that theres a dedicated store for night vision and thermal locally so they can be checked out in person.
Good to hear that they are using American workers during the manufacturing process. Not sure if its some or all of their finished products and components.

It would be great if they had multiple brands for comparison.

The only down side I see is that ATN has a very pòor reputation among most of the NV/Thermal communitys and forums for quality and customer service issues. Though I have no personal experience with their products during my research prior to a thermal purchase I was repeatedly warned against the ATN brand by freinds and family that I trust.
I've seen the " friends dont let friends buy ATN" repeated quite often in person and in online NV/thermal discussions.

One things for sure, the competition is great for consumers. Just like all electronics warrantys, capabilitys, features, resolution are getting better every day and prices are coming down.

If only stopping the "cartels" was as easy as.moving optics production from one state to another...
Makes a nice story but In reality it wont even slow em down.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle

Believe it or not, that little guy in there told me he was waiting on a new Holosun to drop and he was going to get one.

Also, the ATN one that is supposed to drop in about 2 weeks is called Thor 5 XDLRF.
He told me today he wanted me to wait on that one before I bough anything. Kid knows his stuff but he assumes a regular person that walks in speaks all that language. I had to slow him WAY down and get everything translated into Redneck but I got it now. At least enough I can do my own research.
20230915_155911.jpg20230915_155947.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
I don't see it from where I'm parked but Google Maps says it's 1/10 of a mile and 1 minute away. Is that close enough? :bounce:

Fixing to head over there a window shop. I just purchased two 4 Ought Saltwater Reels over there about 3 weeks ago. Not buying NOTHING today.

Dub

Looks like a fun scouting trip @Big7

Probably one of those things where there is much to take in and study.

If only stopping the "cartels" was as easy as.moving optics production from one state to another...
Makes a nice story but In reality it wont even slow em down.

Gonna take a pile of voters doing the right thing.

A lot of them are going to have to get off their lazy butts and go vote to start with. None of this sitting out mess.

Every election...local stuff, midterms....one and all.

Even then...there is no telling what has already walked into our country.

Big7

The Oracle
Looks like a fun scouting trip @Big7

Probably one of those things where there is much to take in and study.

Gonna take a pile of voters doing the right thing.

A lot of them are going to have to get off their lazy butts and go vote to start with. None of this sitting out mess.

Every election...local stuff, midterms....one and all.

Even then...there is no telling what has already walked into our country.
Definitely a lot to chew on and the fact that the Gen 4 are being phased out and already marked way down.... And... They will knock another 20% off of that makes you really have to do some ciphering AND deciphering.

The Gen 4 would have been great UNTIL you look through the Gen 5. BIG difference. Maybe not a few grand difference tho. Studying will tell. I ain't in no hurry.

I'm kinda' proud of myself some though I talked to that little dude in there today for about 2 hours, one on one, he didn't try to get me, in fact, he told me to wait until this specific one came out and he will call me. OK, Good for him.

Then, I went around the corner to Bass Pro and THOROUGHLY looked through ALL the saltwater tackle, freshwater tackle, all the powder and bullets, tents and just about everything but the clothes and boats...... The ATN Scopes and other brands of thermals they had there...... FOR 4 HOURS.....

And.... Didn't spend a penny. :bounce:
That's a miracle.

Last edited:

Latest posts