Anyone else have a wife who....................

ditchdoc24

Mine likes to cut grass. Since I work night shift, my schedule has me working every other weekend. I cut the grass on the weekends I'm off and she cuts the grass while sleep on my weekends to work.

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
I have always loved taking care of the yard. New flowers every season, cutting grass edging. I am in a major learning curve on this rocky ridge we have bought. But I haven't given up I planted drift roses using a pick ax and creating a rock container, they are doing well. I have weeds for grass but I am going to grow a lawn substitute. Ok ramble stopped.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Get some of that astro turf Krun.. That'll save ya some time for a beverage or 2.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I learned to hate Grass cutting at a very young age. We had a push mower and it was not powered by a motor. Then a few years later we got one with a motor on it and that was somewhat better, even if was only 14 inches wide. Then one day my Dad traded for a riding mower and I could not wait to get on it. Within 60 seconds I ran over a piece of concrete and pretty much ruined it. I had other accidents with lawn mowers and got the scar on my foot to verify one of them. I never said a bad word in my life until I was trying to fix a broke pull cord. That spring, that kept flying apart on me, just as I though I had it, ended up being bashed with both ends of an axe. My neighbors still talk about the new guy in the neighborhood attacking a lawnmower with an axe. Catching one on fire while trying to refuel it, while it was still hot, ruined two more lawnmowers. I got real brave and decided to sharpen the blade on mine one day. When the bolt that held the blade on seemed kinda hard to break loose, I got a six foot pipe and put it on the wrench, and it finally broke free, at least the head on the bolt did, I did not know is was a reverse thread. I got a nice scar on my left knuckle from my second attempt at sharpening a blade. File took a good chunk of my knuckle with it. About 10 years ago I sold a riding mower and gave a push one away. I pay a man to mow my grass.

karen936

boss you not very yard inclinded is you, lol. I've rebuilt the carb on one. I've fixed a pull cord, youtube video. I've sharpened the blade with a ele grind wheel, but I had a blower that hated me, I pull pull pull, go get hubby one pull it worked just not for me.

karen936

funny when we sold our last home, I was showing new owner how to work all the yard equipment, I got to the blower and I told her and her handy man now this thing hates me and I will have to get hubby to start it, so I pulled and pulled and pulled nothing hubby comes out one pull starts, handyman looked at me and said you got it primed for him, lol

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Our last place had about 2.5 acres of grass around the house. The wife discovered the riding mower and I’d come home to find her with earphones in mowing away. Worked for me, I maintained the mower.

We’ve moved to a place with much less grass and she has taken up laundry as a hobby. A pair of socks don’t spend 24 hrs in the hamper here.