Anyone ever eat pin fish?

Anvil Head

They are the primary reason I prefer artificial in skinny water. Never heard that about SC, we fed them to the backwater gators when I lived down in Walterboro.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I've eaten a balogna sandwich after cutting pinfish for bait, so technically I'd have to say yes.
They taste like balogna.

Ihunt

A little poke from a hard head catfish. I will never, and I mean never, touch one of those fish again. Caught one about 2” long in my cast net and I grabbed him with needle nose. I’m scared and not ashamed to admit it.

Attachments

• 9DF09FC6-2781-4E19-9080-CD7A175163BA.jpeg
    9DF09FC6-2781-4E19-9080-CD7A175163BA.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 15
  • B5B8258E-D35C-41C5-B372-A2EBABAA657C.jpeg
    B5B8258E-D35C-41C5-B372-A2EBABAA657C.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 15

Lukikus2

Bought 6 dozen live shrimp to fish with. Caught nothing but handsized pinfish with two dozen. Fresh shrimp and fish for dinner (y) win win

notnksnemor

A little poke from a hard head catfish. I will never, and I mean never, touch one of those fish again. Caught one about 2” long in my cast net and I grabbed him with needle nose. I’m scared and not ashamed to admit it.

I keep several pairs of these on my boat.
Even the biggest catfish will submit to your will if you squeeze hard enough.

1589895873512.png

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Never had any of the above. I do know a fellow though who lost his leg from the knee down on account of a sail cat. The wound got infected and he had to have it amputated

lampern

Population crash of saltwater cats along the Carolina coast.

Which is strange because when I've been to Florida (only a few times though) I can't keep em off the hook

notnksnemor

Population crash of saltwater cats along the Carolina coast.

Which is strange because when I've been to Florida (only a few times though) I can't keep em off the hook

How much is Carolina willing to pay for saltwater cats delivered?