Anyone ever find this?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If you can see dirt, look. If that dirt has been disturbed in any way, plowed, washout from rain, or any way at all, look extra hard. Artifacts can turn up in the most surprising places. A plowed field after a good rain is a great place to look. If it`s on high ground close to a water source, even better.

Lots of folks combing fields when they are plowed up here. I'm guessing the southern IL and Southern IN areas were ripe with something other than deer :D

Course I wouldnt find one if it was stuck in my shin

Jimmypop

Lots of folks combing fields when they are plowed up here. I'm guessing the southern IL and Southern IN areas were ripe with something other than deer :D

Course I wouldnt find one if it was stuck in my shin
Don't look for arrowheads . Look for small, different colors of stone that don't look like everything else . Things that shouldn't be there. Soon you'll be finding them everywhere.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I have very rarely went and looked for them. I usually just happen upon them. I keep an eye out though.
Find out what kind is usually found any the area you live / hunt in. Keep an eye out for that kinda rock that's about the right size. In North east GA. There almost all white quartz.
I found them walking down the road. Moving a branch to sit down while turkey hunting, Sitting on top of a field glassing.

Mark K

Banned
My son just sent this. He found this on an old logging ramp after the showers that rolled through Worth Co. He said they have all their breaks harrowed and the farmers fields he has permission on have got all theirs done as well. He’s now waiting on the rain, lol.AB6E0457-944A-45EE-88BA-FD6237C1A3AE.jpeg2EB1C065-0644-495D-873C-C0C4900AF8FB.jpeg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My son just sent this. He found this on an old logging ramp after the showers that rolled through Worth Co. He said they have all their breaks harrowed and the farmers fields he has permission on have got all theirs done as well. He’s now waiting on the rain, lol.View attachment 960548View attachment 960549

What a beauty of a Hernando!

Blackston

Lol Jim, we definitely have that in common!!
This is the group that I'm in!!!! I've got a friend that finds em everywhere I couldn't find one if my life depended on it!! And he's the one always getting lost , stuck and whatever else I call him compass ?Lol

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
The first time I went looking for arrow heads I found one perched on a little dirt tower after a heavy rain on the side of a logging road. Found a good bit of broken pottery in the same area. I haven't come across another one. We've had a couple guys in our club over the years that would find 3-4 every time they went looking. I'd search the same places and never find any.

Mark K

Banned
After the rains we got Sunday or Monday I think we are going to hit the field again this evening. My son says we are point hunting, I call it getting to spend time with my oldest!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Wife found this on the beach at Sanibel. Any idea what it is?

Looks like a Marion with downswept barbs, or a Hillsborough with a bigger than average base. Beautiful point and it`s made from agatized coral.

Mark K

Banned
Not a good evening. A decent, 2 broke, and a rock that just looked to good to leave in a cotton/peanut field. Once they plant it should be better for finding them.
A62DABA4-801B-41A8-AFF4-AC412376DF8E.jpeg

Mark K

Banned
That one piece of flint that was broke would have been huge and extremely nice had it been whole.
I was on an evening drivethru checking traps and found the one walking and one driving by a field. Wish they were all that easy, lol.