Anyone ever find this?

krizia829

Anyone ever find any old war guns or arrowheads in their property that they'd like to share? I'd love to see some pictures!

Mark K

Banned
Awesome collection Nic!
My son looks over maps and satellite imagery to locate possible sites, then finds owner of property and asks permission to walk their fields. Hardly ever denied access.
Generally any high point near a natural wet area he’ll find points. We’ll have Saturday’s and after work walks once the farmers get to harrowing fields.

Jimmypop

Here is what I consider to be my best 5 projectile points...1. clovis 2. lost lake 3. quad 4. taylor/big sandy 5. decatur. All from the same place , n.w. ga.

Attachments

• 0805181016a.jpg
    0805181016a.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 0706180835a.jpg
    0706180835a.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 0806181038a.jpg
    0806181038a.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 0213191629 (1).jpg
    0213191629 (1).jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 0627181015a.jpg
    0627181015a.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 35

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Here is what I consider to be my best 5 projectile points...1. clovis 2. lost lake 3. quad 4. taylor/big sandy 5. decatur. All from the same place , n.w. ga.

That nearly "Mustache Simpson" is nice. So is the Clovis. What counties did they come from?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That's awesome. Keep it up! You have a great collection

I am looking for points, no matter what I`m doing. Just habit. I seldom go just looking for points anymore though. Ironically, I find more points while I`m turkey hunting than any other time.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
wow!! that is so cool!! Are they usually just sitting there on top of the dirt in plain sight? Or you actually dig around for them? I've never seen how it works

If you can see dirt, look. If that dirt has been disturbed in any way, plowed, washout from rain, or any way at all, look extra hard. Artifacts can turn up in the most surprising places. A plowed field after a good rain is a great place to look. If it`s on high ground close to a water source, even better.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Another place to look is in the root ball of a big tree when it has been blown over in a storm. Let it rain on it a time or two and you can sometimes find points in the dirt on them. And they won`t usually be broken either. Some pristine stuff has been found this way.

krizia829

If you can see dirt, look. If that dirt has been disturbed in any way, plowed, washout from rain, or any way at all, look extra hard. Artifacts can turn up in the most surprising places. A plowed field after a good rain is a great place to look. If it`s on high ground close to a water source, even better.
Sweet! Hope you keep finding lots more! Great piece of history you have there (y)

krizia829

A short octagonal , maybe 50 cal. barrel , a small gun flint and black powder bullet , 25 or so cal. Found in lawn.
nice!! cool find!