Anyone ever try to go a morning without coffee?

sinclair1

I saw a study that said the animals talk on Christmas eve.

People believe what ever is convenient for what they want to do any way.

Free your self, throw off the addiction.
I agree with not allowing something to control you. It's my new way of life, but coffee has generations of being the start of the day for our ancestors.

Of course our ancestors drank coffee, not milk with a hint of java.

Coffee in the morning followed by a smoke topped off at the end of the day with a beer. It's a scripted brainwash.

It's a neat thing to see how consumerism took a foothold on our folks at the start of the television industry. Those maxwell house and Marlboro commercials brain washed the whole planet. People actually believe they need these products to make it thru a day. My wife included in the java.

NOYDB

BANNED
Animals don't talk on christmas eve????

But my cat says they do. She said she would verify that with the next possum that travels thru the yard.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a study that said the animals talk on Christmas eve.

People believe what ever is convenient for what they want to do any way.

Free your self, throw off the addiction.
I work on that for sure, because my goal in life is definitely to be as miserable as possible and have no enjoyable things to look forward to. God will give out gold stars in the end to those who self-flagellate and deprive themselves of anything that makes their life enjoyable, I suppose? Maybe I'll work on that breathing addiction, too.

(Sarcasm^^^^^)

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
My bride enjoys coffee, but caffeine gives her trouble. Changes her heart rate and makes her jittery. Pretty big withdrawal as it wears off. So she sips on an herbal drink called Dandyblend. Brew it like coffee, but skip the caffeine. I’m sure coffee purist would hate it.

660griz

The only time I abstain is during deer season. I go to the stand without drinking coffee. I fear certain bodily functions may cause me to exit the stand prematurely and with great haste. I do find myself longing for a cup before I get out of the stand and it is the first thing I do when I get back to camp. The rest of the year, coffee before anything.

bany

I love coffee! I really enjoy a couple cups in the morning and usually one later in the afternoon. Last wellness check up they said fast and not even coffee. So about 11 am when drawing my blood the lady says; oh, you could have a cup????!!
Funny the addiction topic came up.....!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I know I'm addicted the ex slipped decaff in on me once and I had a raging headache by midday, I rarely have headaches normally. One more reason she is my ex.

I will say there are things I do because I flat enjoy them, coffee, good whiskey, good beer, good food, etc. Some may not view my habits as not the best for me but it makes my life enjoyable. The judgmental can pound sand.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I know I'm addicted the ex slipped decaff in on me once and I had a raging headache by midday, I rarely have headaches normally. One more reason she is my ex.

I will say there are things I do because I flat enjoy them, coffee, good whiskey, good beer, good food, etc. Some may not view my habits as not the best for me but it makes my life enjoyable. The judgmental can pound sand.
Amen. At some point, you can get so self-righteous and perfect and pure that there is no longer any point in being alive. Just day after day of blandness.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Coffee is an addiction.
So, what are some other "addictions" that you find unwholesome and put on your list of things to condemn other folks about? Bacon? Hunting? Fishing? Beer? Music? French Fries? Coca Cola? Sex? Laughing? Non-judgemental behavior? Happiness?

I find myself completely unable to get through a single day without drinking water or eating food. I like to get me a hug from my wife before I go to work every morning too. Should I worry about all that?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Wake up everyday without it....... Love the smell, can't stand the taste.

AceOfTheBase

I just plain like coffee.
Spoiled with the K-cup easy makers & like Costco Bold or dark Guatemalan.
Think the studies show two or three cups a day is good for a couple things, one being lower probability of Alzheimers.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
I drink coffee Monday thru Friday when I'm working. Don't drink it on weekends or vacation days. I hope this helped.

ugajay

First cup at 5 am/pm, whether I'm on day or night shift. Carry a thermos full to work and make more at 12. I'm addicted and it gets me concentrating good and I ain't gonna quit

Jack Ryan

So, what are some other "addictions" that you find unwholesome and put on your list of things to condemn other folks about? Bacon? Hunting? Fishing? Beer? Music? French Fries? Coca Cola? Sex? Laughing? Non-judgemental behavior? Happiness?

I find myself completely unable to get through a single day without drinking water or eating food. I like to get me a hug from my wife before I go to work every morning too. Should I worry about all that?

I didn't say ANY ADDICTIONS are unwholesome. No need for me to. This thread is full of addicts attesting to that fact. The very title of the thread implies it. I didn't even recognize it as a list thread of all the available addictions or their wholesomeness. Nor did I condemn any one for their addictions, their conscience did that for them.

No one seemed interested in any other addictions what so ever until coffee was named as the addiction it most certainly is. Then like any other addict it was off to the races to point at anything else except the topic of the thread. Coffee / caffeine addiction.

bany

I’m no addict, not a quitter either.