Anyone ever try to go a morning without coffee?

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I drink coffee Monday thru Friday when I'm working. Don't drink it on weekends or vacation days. I hope this helped.
Thanks! This post helped a lot

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't say ANY ADDICTIONS are unwholesome. No need for me to. This thread is full of addicts attesting to that fact. The very title of the thread implies it. I didn't even recognize it as a list thread of all the available addictions or their wholesomeness. Nor did I condemn any one for their addictions, their conscience did that for them.

No one seemed interested in any other addictions what so ever until coffee was named as the addiction it most certainly is. Then like any other addict it was off to the races to point at anything else except the topic of the thread. Coffee / caffeine addiction.
I like coffee. And drinking coffee has absolutely no effect on my concience, and I have absolutely no idea why it should. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

furtaker

I didn't say ANY ADDICTIONS are unwholesome. No need for me to. This thread is full of addicts attesting to that fact. The very title of the thread implies it. I didn't even recognize it as a list thread of all the available addictions or their wholesomeness. Nor did I condemn any one for their addictions, their conscience did that for them.

No one seemed interested in any other addictions what so ever until coffee was named as the addiction it most certainly is. Then like any other addict it was off to the races to point at anything else except the topic of the thread. Coffee / caffeine addiction.
Your life would likely be happier if you stop worrying about everyone else and just mind your own business.

Jack Ryan

Your life would likely be happier if you stop worrying about everyone else and just mind your own business.

LOL, I'm not the one who started a thread lamenting the attempt to resist the addiction for a few hours ONE DAY. What has you guys so bent out of shape here, if it is half as great as ya'll propose and you enjoy it so much, just keep it up. There is no law against it. I've seen tons of people make all the same comments about cigarettes as I see here from coffee addicts.

sinclair1

So, what are some other "addictions" that you find unwholesome and put on your list of things to condemn other folks about? Bacon? Hunting? Fishing? Beer? Music? French Fries? Coca Cola? Sex? Laughing? Non-judgemental behavior? Happiness?

I find myself completely unable to get through a single day without drinking water or eating food. I like to get me a hug from my wife before I go to work every morning too. Should I worry about all that?
You left out shed addiction
I could quite any time I want. I just dont want to.
not much reason to quit coffee, 39 mg of caffeine is good for the brain. I wouldn’t call you a financial wizard if your paying $6 a cup,but I married one.
I suppose I am addicted to caffeine because if I get zero I get a headache. Unsweetened tea is my medium

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, I'm not the one who started a thread lamenting the attempt to resist the addiction for a few hours ONE DAY. What has you guys so bent out of shape here, if it is half as great as ya'll propose and you enjoy it so much, just keep it up. There is no law against it. I've seen tons of people make all the same comments about cigarettes as I see here from coffee addicts.
I like cigarettes, too. And Liquor. And women. Have a nice bland day.

Wayne D Davis

Summer time I rarely drink it unless its iced. Winter time I start with a Big cup from local store...if its real cold out I drink it all day long

660griz

Amen. At some point, you can get so self-righteous and perfect and pure that there is no longer any point in being alive. Just day after day of blandness.
Reminds me of a joke.

I recently turned 65 and had to choose a new primary care physician...
After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I will live to be 80?"

He asked: Do you smoke tobacco or drink alcoholic beverages?"

"Oh no," I replied. "I don't do drugs, either."

"Do you have many friends and entertain frequently?"

"I said, "No, I usually stay home and keep to myself".

"Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"

I said, "No, my other doctor said that all red meat is unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"

"No, I don't," I said.

"Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"

"No," I said. "I don't do any of those things."

He looked at me and said, "Then why do you care?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Reminds me of a joke.

After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I will live to be 80?"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"

"No, I don't," I said.

:rofl:

Wycliff

Reminds me of a joke.

"No, I don't," I said.

:rofl::rofl:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Doc told me one time I needed to cut back on my coffee drankin`, and when I asked how much he said one cup a day. I gave him that same look a rattlesnake does when he`s fixing to pop a cotton rat, and Doc said it could be as big a cup as I desired.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
On purpose?