Anyone ever went on a crazy strict diet and excersise program for X ammt of time?

Timberman

A 3 month deal like that usually results in a rebound above and beyond your original weight.

The secret is consistency. Aim to lose .5-1 lb a week. Weigh everyday. No bread or sugar at least a gallon of water a day.

I did that and lost 35 lbs in 8 months. I started out doing HIIT and some weight lifting. As my body got stronger I went full tilt into powerlifting and gained much of the weight back as muscle. Body composition was much different.

Reactions: Dub

whitetailfreak

A 3 month deal like that usually results in a rebound above and beyond your original weight.

The secret is consistency. Aim to lose .5-1 lb a week. Weigh everyday. No bread or sugar at least a gallon of water a day.

I did that and lost 35 lbs in 8 months. I started out doing HIIT and some weight lifting. As my body got stronger I went full tilt into powerlifting and gained much of the weight back as muscle. Body composition was much different.

I've made entire meals from just bread and sugar :eek:

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've made entire meals from just bread and sugar :eek:
I can remember when grandma used to make us up a platefull of King syrup and butter mixed together to sop our biscuits in. You ever had a bowl of Hershey's cocoa powder and sugar mixed together for a snack? Mama used to make it for us. :D

whitetailfreak

I can remember when grandma used to make us up a platefull of King syrup and butter mixed together to sop our biscuits in. You ever had a bowl of Hershey's cocoa powder and sugar mixed together for a snack? Mama used to make it for us. :D

Man yes, and sweeter the better. Mamaw will make a Yaller cake and a pot of hot homemade chocolate syrup to pour over top. Till this day that's probably my favorite dessert.

Oldstick

Me too, but now it is cocoa powder, some oil or butter, and Mr. Paymaster's seasoning on a steak.

I can assure anyone desiring to lose some weight, if you reduce the daily carb/sugar intake over a period of time you will have positive results. You have to come to grips with the reality that bread, potatoes, sweet tea, sweet soda, beer, did I mention BEER, all become pure sugars once they are ingested.

Whole wheat bread is better, in that it has more fiber to carb content, but it's too bitter for me, so I don't like it. Sweet potatoes are better than white due to higher fiber and vitamin content, but don't really like them either.

Green leafy veggies better than the white/starchy veggies but most any veggie has good fiber content so I would choose that over white potatoes or bread.

Reactions: Dub