Anyone every heard if this dog food?

Corey

My local feed store sells a dog food called
Best Dog Food 24/12, anyone ever use it?

Vineyardhunter

Never heard of it, but Diamond foods make my dog look absolutely stunning. Brightens her coat, defines her muscles. You can tell a difference when she is on diamond and when she in eating cheap foods.

2yr old pitbull

Yeah I have never heard of it but just compare the ingredients to the food you use now and see what its missing or adding.

Corey

I feed Diamond Green/Yellow bag now but was checking it
out and has the same stuff Diamond has.

Just looking to save a buck here and there.

Jranger

Wasn't Diamond involved in a lawsuit from tainted food that caused permanent kidney damage?

Corey

Yes but the are saying that we should never have that
issue again. ::;

Everyone is having issues these days, was using Purina
but was tired of smelling that crap, was going to use
Black Gold but heard they are having some issues to.

Its like playing Russian Roulette with your dogs.

Kvillehunter

I use to sell it in the country store I worked at. The dogfood is pretty good. Most of my customers liked it.

COUNTRY MIKE

I always liked black gold but i swithed to sportmix do to price and it seems to do very well

all ticked up

I always liked black gold but i swithed to sportmix do to price and it seems to do very well

i use the black bag sportmix, two bags a week no smell and it holds mine up very well

Dog Hunter

My local feed store sells a dog food called
Best Dog Food 24/12, anyone ever use it?
Yes,
Have fed it a long time. The only problem dog I had with it was my lab. He would lose hair in places. I don't know if it was something in the feed or not. I changed him and it has finally cleared up. Haven't had any problems with the others though.

DROPPINEM

In my opinion go with the Diamond.I feed my three dogs the Diamond premium and like stated earlier the hair is shiny and muscles very defined.....Last month the feed store was out of the big bag of premium so i got the maintenance and my dogs loved it as well but it give them terrible gas:banginghe....I switched back to the Premium once they got it back in stock.:bounce:...T.J. at Acworth Feed told me that the only difference in the two is that the premium has more fat and protein in it.

Corey

Yes,
Have fed it a long time. The only problem dog I had with it was my lab. He would lose hair in places. I don't know if it was something in the feed or not. I changed him and it has finally cleared up. Haven't had any problems with the others though.

So far my Lab is doing good with it, he had a issue
with Black Gold and Purina (green bag) it went
right threw him and worst smell ever. This so far
has not and its been 2 weeks.

Will let everyone know in a month or so what there
coat looks like.

picked up a bag of best dog a couple of weeks ago and the amount of crap to clean up was 2or3 times what of usually have to spray out of the lot....went and got a bag sportsman pride 26/18 and everything went back to normal.. i just haven't found a dog food i like as good as pro plan but i just can't pay that much a bag. but sportsman pride/diamond green bag/sports mix blue bag all seem to be good just not pro plan......

hillbilly

Corey

Hillbilly,

Did you start them on it cold turkey? If you dont change it out
slow by mixing in your old brand it is going to mess there belly
up for a few days.

Jarred

Never heard of it either, we feed sportmix and it keeps our older dogs running like new.

woody10

i feed good dog here...but have heard good about black gold and diamond to

bjtillman

Blaze Dog Food is the best I have ever fed. Mid South Feeds out of Alma (they make Show Time feed) make this feed for a friend of mine who promotes it. His name is Moose Jowers, a foxhunter all of his life. There is not much stool and it is firm. Whatever happened to Joy? My feed store used to be a distributor for Joy feed.